Recently a number of our clients have asked for a method to fix Airplane mode issues in Windows 10. It’s been a common problem with many, who have recently upgraded to windows 10. So, today I am going to explain how to fix “Airplane mode not turning off in windows 10”.
What is Airplane Mode in Windows 10?
Airplane mode is a setting that gives you a quick way to turn off all wireless communication on your PC. As the name implies, it’s especially useful when you’re on an airplane. Wireless communication includes Wi-Fi, cellular (mobile broadband), Bluetooth, GPS or GNSS, near field communication (NFC), and all other types of wireless communication.
How to turn on or off Airplane Mode in Windows 10?
1. Open Action Center (Windows Key + A)
2. Click/tap on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.
1. Click/tap on the network icon in the taskbar notification area.
2. Click/tap on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.
1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.
2. Click/tap on Airplane mode on the left side, and turn on or off Airplane mode on the right side.
3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.
Airplane mode issues can be of different ways. One might be unable to turn off the airplane mode as its toggle indicates the function is unavailable for the time being. Few users might not be able to activate the wireless connections as they are not willingly glued to the Airplane mode. And there are situations where Airplane Mode turns on automatically refusing other wireless devices to perform correctly. So, we provide you different solutions to try for the above mentioned Airplane Mode issues. So, let us head towards the main topic and see How to Fix Airplane Mode Issues in Windows 10.
How to Fix Airplane mode not turning off in Windows 10:
Solution 1: Change Network Adapter Properties
1. search for Device Manager in Start Menu or Cortana and open it.
2. Make your way to the Network Adapter section and expand it by double-clicking on it.
3. Figure out your wireless modem from the available list and right click on it to navigate to its Properties.
4. This launches the Properties dialog box of your adapter. Hit on the Power Management tab. Clear off the option that says Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
5. To apply the changes, press Ok button. This will Fix Airplane mode not turning off issue in Windows 10 and resume its slider to be turned off.
- HOW TO DISABLE WINDOWS UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10
- HOW TO TURN OFF WINDOWS DEFENDER
- HOW TO SEE WHICH APPLICATIONS ARE DRAINING YOUR BATTERY ON WINDOWS 10
Solution 2: Physical Wireless Switch
1. The prime task for you is to find out whether any physical switch for the wireless is present or not.
2. If you contain the physical switch and if it is toggled Off, you will never be successful to come out of the Airplane Mode. Turn it to On mode.
Solution 3: Disable and Enable Network Connection
1. Go to Setting and click on Network & Internet category.
2. By default, you will be taken to the WiFi segment of settings on the left. Take your attention to the right pane of WiFi settings and you can witness a linkChange adapter options. Execute a Press (tap) it.
3. An window pops up demonstrating your wireless connections. Make a Right-click on the wireless connection and go with the Disable option.
4. This procedure disables your wireless connection. Furthermore, right click on the same connection and strike Enable.
You will notice you are able to Fix Airplane Mode Issues in Windows 10. it is active and functioning perfectly without becoming disconnected itself.
- EASIEST WAY TO PERFORM A WINDOWS 10 PARTITION
- HOW TO USE WINDOWS DEFENDER TO REMOVE SPYWARE FROM YOUR WINDOWS 10 PC
- HOW TO BACKUP WINDOWS 10
Solution 4: Update Driver Software of your Network Adapter
1. Bring the Device Manager window on your screen. (See Solution 1 Method).
2. Look for Network Adapter option and expand it to see its entire list.
3. Right click on your wireless adapter and click Update driver software option.
4. Variant window emerges which asks you to choose the way to update the driver software. Click (hit) Search automatically for updated driver software option.
5. An online search will start for the driver to be updated.
6. You will get a confirmation message which says Windows has successfully updated your driver software. Close the window.
This fixes “airplane mode not turning off problem” with your Windows 10. I hope it helps.
All the above ways are too easy to perform. Give them a shot one by one and we are sure it will Fix Airplane Mode Issues in Windows 10. If one way doesn’t fix the issue, try out the next one. Let us know if you have any problem with your computer by creating a free support ticket and get help by our technical experts within 24 hours or Live Chat HERE
Find The Video tutorial
Inspired By: Microsoft