Fix Battery Plugged in Not Charging in Windows 10 Issue
“I just upgraded my laptop today to W10, and now I can’t seem to charge my battery anymore, there were 0 problems before I upgraded from W8. What it simply says is “Plugged in, not charging”, this is pretty bad because my Laptop can only hold a max of 1½ hour (It’s a gaming laptop). Is there any way to check/fix it, because I don’t want to give it to a repair shop, and I have never even seen one…
Thanks for the help! “
Battery plugged in not charging in Windows 10 is one of the most common problems laptop users are facing after upgrading to Windows 10. In this article, We are going to explain a very simple method using which you can solve this problem.
How to Troubleshoot Battery Not Charging Issues Windows 10
Check the YouTube tutorial Battery plugged in not charging in windows 10
Note: Before trying out the below solution, you should try to unplug the charger and remove and reinsert the battery and see if it’s working. Sometimes restarting your PC also fixes this problem. If it’s not working for the laptop is plugged in but not charging issue, follow the steps below.
1. Right-click on the Windows icon to expand out its context menu. Find and click on the option entry named Device Manager as shown below.
2. A window named Device Manager will open up. Expand the entry named Batteries by clicking on the side arrow associated with it. As next, right-click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and click on the Uninstall option.
3. The next step is to click on the tab named Action and then click on the option Scan for hardware changes.
4. Now expand the entry Batteries once again by clicking on the side arrow just like before. As next, right-click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and click on the Update Driver Software option.
5. Now you will be asked to choose a method to search for the driver software. If you have the driver all set already, then you can click on the option Browse my computer for driver software. Else you can ask Windows to find the appropriate driver software by itself by clicking on the option Search automatically for updated driver software.
The above solution helped Peter to resolve “Battery plugged in not charging in windows 10” in his laptop. We hope it helps you as well.
If not, Don’t worry, our technical experts are here to help and How to Fix Windows 10 Plugged in Not Charging. Start a live chat with one of our technical experts or create a support ticket and get a resolution instantly.
Note: If you are looking for Repair Anywhere In India, you can get help from Techyuga.
- HOW TO SEE WHICH APPLICATIONS ARE DRAINING YOUR BATTERY ON WINDOWS 10
- HOW TO USE WINDOWS DEFENDER TO REMOVE SPYWARE FROM YOUR WINDOWS 10 PC