Who knew that a printer could be the most important thing in your life? Whether you’re an entrepreneur running a small business, or someone who is looking for the perfect gift for their friend’s birthday- having a reliable printer can make all the difference. The best printers are those that not only produce high-quality prints quickly but also last for years without breaking down.
Some printers print more efficiently than others, some have faster printing speeds than others, and some can even scan documents to your computer! So which printer is the best? Which printer will give you the most bang for your buck?
There are many to choose from out there, and we’ve narrowed it down with our list of the 9 best printers in India.
Top 3 Pick Up’s
9 Best Printer In India For Home And Office Use
✔️ Best Printer Brand
Types of Home and Office Printer
1. Laser Printers
Laser printers are very good at printing text documents, but they are also useful for printing images. They are known to use a laser beam to expose the image onto the print media. The print head is wide and has several resistance holes depending on the size of the letter or symbol which is printed out by them.
The main advantage that comes with laser printers is that because it uses lasers, the beams can be concentrated much more than inkjets which means that it can produce much crisper and cleaner printouts than an inkjet printer. Also, because of their high-tech features, they tend to be priced higher than other types of printers. However, there exist two major drawbacks to using laser printers, one being that they consume more power than any other type of printer.
2. Ink Jet Printers
Also known as bubble jet printers, inkjet printers are very popular in home document printing because they tend to be cheaper than most laser printers. They use pulses of heated ink which are squirted onto the paper in small droplets. The quality produced by an inkjet printer varies between models but they normally produce a lower printout that is even inferior when compared to laser printers.
Also, if you often do photo printing then it may be best for you not to purchase one due to their inability to accurately reproduce colors using CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and blacK) color model used by professional photographers or graphic designers. Another drawback is that it takes a lot of time before an inkjet printer can print your document.
3. Ink Tank Printers
Ink tank printers are also known as CIS (Continuous Ink Supply System) printers. They use separate cartridges which hold ink rather than having it stored in the printer body, and these cartridges can be replaced whenever it runs out of ink. The main reason why this is good for you is that you don’t need to replace the entire cartridge if one color runs out, but only the specific color that has run out.
Also, because tanks hold more ink compared to regular cartridges, they tend to produce less waste and hence will save you some money from buying new ones regularly. Although it might cost more at first, they are cheaper over the long run. However, because of their extra features then they tend to be more expensive than an inkjet printer.
4. Wifi Printers
The true advantage that comes with wifi printers is that you can print your documents from anywhere in a room as long as you have a wifi-enabled device such as a laptop, mobile phone, or tablet and also if the printer has a wireless network card installed in it. Apart from being able to print without being connected physically to it, there are no other major benefits when using a wifi printer.
The disadvantages include them being slow at printing which means that sometimes they might not be suitable for busy people who need faster document output. In addition, another drawback is that most models do not have large memory storage, which means that you can’t keep printing out documents if your printer runs out of ink.
5. Duplex Printers
They are also known as two-sided printers because they print on both sides of the paper to save time and cost that would have been incurred if someone has to fold the paper before putting it into a photocopy machine. The duplex printer is mainly used for commercial purposes but due to their high-tech features, they tend to be quite expensive than other types of printers even though there’s no significant difference in price between them. However, when it comes to business or when you need an extra hand when preparing reports, then this might be something good for you.
6. Photo Printers
Photo printers are mainly designed to produce high-quality printouts of photographs. They are often used by people who want to keep photo albums or make high-quality family prints at home. Most of them can be connected directly to a computer using a USB connection but they tend to be pricey compared with other printers that can do the same function. Some models are equipped with LCD screens that allow you to preview the images before printing, which is good for those who don’t want to end up printing photos of low image resolution.
7. Dot-matrix Printer
A dot matrix printer uses pins and a print head just like an old-style typewriter and hence it is quite cheap and affordable for anyone. It has the ability to print documents at high speed making it ideal for businesses that need to print a lot of documents or large amounts of data in short periods of time. However, do not let the cheap price fool you because this type of printer is generally capable enough to produce high-quality printouts even though it does tend to make more noise than most other printers.
8. All-in-One Printers
These printers are commonly known as multifunctional printers because they have multiple features besides the most basic function of printing text documents. They are able to perform functions such as scanning or copying documents along with being able to fax, print, and email the documents. These printers also come in two different types: wired and wireless printers.
Detailed Review Of The Best Printer In India
HP Smart Tank 516 All-in-One Wireless Integrated Ink Tank Colour Printer
- All In One – Print, copy and scan with ease. The HP DeskJet 2778 All-in-One Ink Advantage Wireless Colour Printer is an affordable home printing solution that’s easy to set up and use.
- Convenient And Easy To Use – Enjoy seamless connectivity for hassle-free printing from your smartphone or tablet. Easily print from anywhere in the house without a PC using HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, or emailing documents directly from your device.
- Simple Set-Up – Discover smart work with this all-in-one printer that’s quick and easy to set up. Simply connect the printer to your computer via USB cable or wireless network connection then install the software on your PC.
- Wireless Connectivity – With the HP Wireless Direct feature you can print without a PC or router using your smartphone or tablet. Simply connect via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi and start printing!
HP Smart Tank 516 All-in-One Wireless Integrated Ink Tank Colour Printer
|Connectivity Type||Bluetooth, Wi-Fi|
|Hardware Platform||Tablet, Smartphone|
|Max Printspeed Colour||5 ppm|
|Printing Technology||ink tank|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
Canon PIXMA G2060 All-in-One High-Speed Ink Tank Colour Printer
- Lcd Display Panel – The LCD display panel allows you to view the status of your printer and print jobs. You can also select from various settings, including paper size, image quality, and color or black-and-white printing.
- High-Quality Printing – High-quality printing is achieved through Canon’s FINE technology. This technology delivers high-resolution prints.
- High Page Yield Ink Bottle – The high page yield ink bottle reduces the frequency that you need to replace your ink bottles, which saves you time and money.
- High Print Speed – Get fast results and produce high-quality prints. Use the built-in Auto Duplex Printing feature to save paper when printing on both sides of a page.
Canon PIXMA G2060 All-in-One High-Speed Ink Tank Specifications
|Printer Media Size Maximum||216mm x 1200mm|
|Resolution||4800 x 1200 DPI|
|Standing screen display size||2 Inches|
|Scan Resolution||600 x 1200dpi|
HP Neverstop Laser Printer
- Hp Neverstop Laser Printer – 15-second, Mess-free Self Reload, Costs Per Page as Low as 29 Paise, 5X Print Yield, Print Efficiently, Fast Print Speed.
- Super-Fast Printing – HP’s fastest printer yet. Get your print jobs done in no time. Save up to 50% on ink with HP Instant Ink and enjoy the convenience of not having to replace cartridges for up to a year.
- Easy To Use – Easy setup and easy operation mean you can get started right away! The intuitive touchscreen display makes it easy to use and navigate through features like scanning and copying.
- Easy To Install – This compact printer is designed for space efficiency so you can place it where you want it! Setup is quick and easy with automatic wireless setup from your smartphone or tablet using the free HP app.
- High Yield And Low Costs Per Page – Enjoy a high yield of up to 5000 pages per cartridge with low costs per page as low as 29 paise.
HP Neverstop Laser Printer Specification
|Printer Media Size Maximum||A4|
|Resolution||600 x 600 DPI|
|Compatible Devices||Smartphones, Tablets|
|Memory Storage Capacity||64 MB|
Canon imageCLASS LBP2900B Laser Printer
- Compact – This printer is small and lightweight, making it easy to move from room to room or office to office. The compact design also makes it easy to store away when not in use.
- User Friendly – The Canon imageCLASS LBP2900B Laser Printer is designed with the user in mind, so you will find the controls are easily accessible on the front of the unit. It has a large LCD display that clearly shows all information about your printing jobs.
- Powerful – Prints at speeds up to 19 pages per minute (ppm) for black and 15 ppm for color! You can print documents, photos, web pages, or emails quickly and easily using this printer. The high-quality laser toner produces clear text and sharp images every time!
- Superspeed – Get your work done faster than ever before with this super-fast printer! It prints at speeds up to 19 pages per minute (ppm) for black and 15 ppm for color! You can print documents, photos, web pages, or emails quickly and easily using.
Canon imageCLASS LBP2900B Laser Printer Specifications
|Operating System||Linux, Windows XP|
|Pages per minute||2ppm (A4) black, FPOT- 9.3 sec|
Canon MF3010 Digital Multifunction Laser Printer
- Compact, Multipurpose, Easy To Use – The Canon MF3010 is a compact inkjet printer that produces high-quality color prints at speeds of up to 20 pages per minute.
- Easy To Install – It’s easy to install and set up the Canon MF3010. Just follow the onscreen prompts during installation and you’ll be printing in no time!
- Super-Fast Printing – This multifunctional printer can print documents up to 20 pages per minute in A4 size. It also has an automatic document feeder for scanning multiple pages at once.
- Minimal Maintenance – You won’t need to do much maintenance with this machine as it has a built-in duplex unit for double-sided printing and a separate paper cassette for plain paper.
|RAM Size||64 MB|
|Operating System||Windows Vista|
|Print resolution||600 x 600dpi|
|Standard Interface||USB 2.0|
|Scan Resolution||Optical: Up to 600 x 600dpi|
|LCD Display||7 Segment|
Epson M1120 EcoTank Wi-Fi Ink Tank Printer
- Compact Integrated Tank Design – No need to worry about running out of ink. Epson’s unique, compact integrated tank design allows you to print with confidence and eliminate the risk of running out of ink before you have time to replace it.
- High-yield Pigment Ink Bottle – These high-yield pigment inks are designed for printing photos that last a lifetime. The 300ml pigment ink bottle is equivalent to approximately 50 standard cartridges. You can print up to 2,600 pages per bottle. With an estimated shelf life of at least six years, you can be sure your prints will last a lifetime.
- Spill-free, Error-free Refilling – Refilling couldn’t be easier! Simply remove the empty bottle from your printer and insert a new one using this technology – no mess or fuss! If you prefer not to refill yourself, we offer convenient remanufactured cartridges available online from Epson direct.
- Eco-friendly – Epson EcoTank technology allows you to print up to 2 years or 4,000 pages without the need for replacement ink cartridges.
Epson M1120 EcoTank Wi-Fi Ink Tank Printer Specifications
|Print Speed per Minute(Black & White)||32 pages per minute|
|Printer Type||Ink Tank|
|Printer Media Size Maximum||A4|
Epson L130 Single Function Ink Tank Printer
- Low-Cost Printing – Enjoy low-cost printing with this EcoTank printer. Print up to twice as many pages compared to other leading printers, and enjoy high-quality prints for a fraction of the price!
- High Yield – Save money by not having to replace cartridges every time you run out of ink! This EcoTank printer comes with a large ink tank that allows you to print up to 120 pages before having to refill. That’s more than double the amount of pages that can be printed from other printers!
- SuperSpeed – Get your documents printed in no time at all with this Epson M1120 EcoTank Wi-Fi Ink Tank Printer. The Superb Speed feature allows you to print multiple documents in one go, so you don’t have to wait around for each document to be finished individually.
- Splendid Resolution – With the Splendid Resolution feature, your documents will look professional and clear on any paper type! You won’t have any problems reading text or viewing images on any kind of paper when using this.
Epson L130 Single Function Ink Tank Printer Specifications
|Max Print speed Monochrome||27 ppm|
|Max Printspeed Colour||15 ppm|
|Printer Output Type||Colour|
|Printing Technology||Ink Tank|
|Page size supported||A4, A5, A6, B5, C6,|
|Print resolution||5760 x 1440|
Canon PIXMA G670 All-in-One Colour Inktank Wi-Fi Photo Printer
- Wireless Printing – Print wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or PC. Save time and effort with this high-quality color printer!
- Color Shifting Mechanism – The Canon Pixma G670 is the only photo printer that can print in multiple colors of ink to give you a wider range of colors than ever before!
- 6 Color Ink Tanks – This ink tank system gives you more flexibility in what type of paper you use for printing photos. You can also change the color of your prints just by changing the colored ink tanks!
- Hassle-Free Ink Refilling – No need to worry about messy refilling procedures. Simply open up the top cover and pour in more ink when it’s needed!
Canon PIXMA G670 All-in-One Colour Inktank Printer Specification
|Item Height||16.7 Centimeters|
|Item Width||34 Centimeters|
Epson L6160 Wi-Fi Duplex All-in-One Ink Tank Printer
- Compact Design– The L6160 is the perfect fit for any office. Its compact design and small footprint save space on your desk, while its high-yield ink bottles help you save money.
- High Page Yield – Get more pages in less time with the L6160’s high page yield of up to 2,600 pages per month. That’s a lot of printing!
- Friendly Ink Bottles – The L6160’s ink bottles are designed to be easy to remove and replace. You’ll spend less time refilling them and more time printing!
- Amazing Resolution – With print resolutions up to 4800 x 1200 dpi, you can create professional-quality documents that will impress your clients or colleagues.
- Incredible Speed – Print at speeds of up to 24 ppm black and 18 ppm color for fast document production without compromising quality. No one likes waiting around for their documents!
EPSON L3116 Color A4 All in ONE Printer Specifications
|Pages per minute||33 pages per minute|
|Printer Output Type||Color|
|Page size supported||A4|
Benefits Of Using The Best Printers In India
- It will help you save a lot of money on expensive copiers. Printing papers from home can also be an option for many homes but it does take up a lot of space and consumes ink cartridges quite fast. The other bad thing about this process depending upon your cartridge refill kit is that the ink quality is not very good.
- Another advantage of using printers is that you can print one or two pages at a time, but for high volume printing like in office scenarios, printing press machines are used.
- Printers are an excellent option when you need to quickly print documents on regular basis. The best thing about the printer it has no moving parts and operates quietly. So if you want to create long-term spaces of files at your workplace then this machine might be an ideal choice. You can install printers even in small offices since they consume less space and give better performance with every passing day.
- No doubt printer gives great results while on paper but once you start to print on glossy paper or photo paper, printer’s results are not up to the mark.
- With the introduction of the latest technology like laser printing and thermal printing, printers got outdated very fast. These new technologies ensure that your prints come out much better than ever before with smudge-proof images and text that is crisp and clear. Also, these high-tech printers are available at a reasonable price in the market nowadays. If you are planning to buy a printer, you should think about investing in high-tech printers for better results.
- Inkjet printers are also available that work with water-based dye ink. It has several advantages like being less expensive than other types of ink cartridges and very good color reproduction. They don’t print on regular paper but give a special effect on glossy photo paper.
- Another big advantage of these new high-tech printers is that they can be used wirelessly so everyone at your office or home can use them without any hassle related to wires and cables. So now you must have understood the importance and benefits associated with buying the best printer in India for daily printing needs. If we talk about certain drawbacks then these printers do take time before getting ready for printing after turning on.
Utilization Of Best Printers In India
- Printer For Office Use
An office printer has multiple functions in an office environment where there are many employees working in different departments with their individual needs. They have to be able to handle all types of documents produced in an office efficiently i.e. reports, drafts, presentations, etc.
2. Printer for Home Use
A home printer can be used to make copies of your recipes or photos; you could also use it to print your documents. A laser printer works best here as they are not much expensive and their prints don’t fade away with time.
3. Printer For Small Business
Small businesses are usually located in the suburbs or within a small retail mall that doesn’t have enough space for all employees to work together in one place. In this scenario, a networked office printer is an ideal solution where each department has its own access to necessary printers without occupying too much space. This way, each employee can have his/her individual workstation within the limited area available. This makes printers ideal for small businesses.
4. Printer For Student
For students, a personal printer can be very useful as they need to print out assignments and other important documents for submission. A laser printer is the best option as it saves paper and is ideal for printing multiple pages at one go.
5. Printer For Photo Printing
Photo printers use a special dye-sublimation process which results in photo prints with vivid colors and high definition pictures that automatically fade away after some time if not properly taken care of. They are also compact in size.
6. Printer For Shop
In a big production house, there’s nearly no space available for each employee to work from their own individual desks. In such places, the staff works from one place where all printers are networked and arranged in a systematic manner. This way, employees get to work through the day without any problems related to reaching their workstations.
Now that we’ve seen some of the main uses of printers, choosing one for yourself should be easier- all you need to consider is how much your budget can stretch and what types of documents you want to print out using it.
Features of Best Printers In India
- Types of Connectivity
The Best printers can be connected with different types of connectivity options like Bluetooth, USB, WiFi, etc. So before buying a printer make sure you check which type of connectivity option is available on the device.
2. Page Yield
Page yield describes the maximum number of printed pages that a cartridge can print before it needs to be replaced or refilled. The higher page yield cartridges are slightly expensive but they can save your money in the long run if you are running short of cartridges every now and then. You should go for high-yield cartridges when you are using a printer heavily in offices and commercial purposes. Some models also allow replacement and refilling in case your cartridge runs out in between prints or if you want to refill the cartridge yourself then also we suggest cartridges with higher page yield.
3. Speed for Printing
The speed of your printer is very essential as it determines how fast you can print documents and files. If you are running a small business or own an office, where several people work at once and all need access to printers every now and then, then printers that offer high printing speed can be very beneficial as they will save your time as well as money because less time spent on prints means more time for work and making money.
The best laser printers in India should offer good print speeds so that there is no backlog or delay in providing printed copies of important documents or reports that need to be submitted on an urgent basis. Also, if you are a photographer or a graphic designer and want to print images as fast as possible then also printers that offer the highest printing speed are the best choice.
4. Cost per print
The cost of printing is probably one of the most important factors that decide which printer will suit your needs best. If you won’t be printing hundreds or thousands of documents on daily basis, then it’s better to go for models that offer low cost per print because they work exactly like laser printers but at a much lower cost than laser printers.
The ink cartridges used in these devices come pre-filled so you can directly use them after removing them from the pack and installing them in the machine. Also, you don’t need to worry about refilling these cartridges ever again as you can just replace them with new ones when required.
5. Automated Document feeder
As we said earlier, there are hundreds and thousands of documents and files that need to be printed on a daily basis in offices and commercial setups, so it’s better to go for printers that offer automated document feeders that allow automatic scanning, copying, or faxing of multiple pages at once.
Also, you can store these scans or copies in memory cards or USB drives and use them later without the need for a computer every time you want to access them. So this is one more reason why you should choose large format printers over small office printers if your work involves scanning multiple pages regularly because large format printers do not require users to load each page individually like small office printers.
6. Duplex Printing
Duplex printing is very useful in case you are using your printer at home for personal purposes, like if you are a student or an office goer then duplex mode can be very helpful in printing two pages on one sheet of paper. For example, when you want to print your notes for college or any presentation file in the office, then it’s good to have a printer that offers automatic duplex printing otherwise you will have to print each page separately which consumes more ink and time overall.
7. Print Resolution
The resolution of printed documents defines how clear or crisp they look when printed on paper or cardboard. The majority of cheap printers come with low prices but compromise with print resolution whereas high-end printers offer sharp and high-resolution prints.
If you are working on graphic designing, photography, or other projects that require maximum clarity in images then it’s better to go for printers with the highest print resolution because if a printer offers low print resolution, even though the document looks clear when viewed on the monitor but they lack in quality when printed on paper.
8. Usage frequency
Finally, usage frequency is one of the most important factors that define which type or model of printer will be suitable for your needs best. For example, if you own an office where several people work together and they need access to printers every time their work requires printing something new then obviously you need a large format printer that can handle heavy workloads at once without causing any backlogs.
But if you are a college student or an office worker and your work does not require that much workload then it’s better to go for printers that offer low running costs that allow you to print low numbers of pages at once and thus save on ink and paper as well. So, all in all, features like speed, connectivity, usage frequency, and cost per print define which printer is good for your needs so choose the best printer according to your needs.
How to Connect Printer to Wifi?
There are a few easy steps to follow when connecting your new printer.
- Connect the power chord
- Plugin an included cable from the printer into whatever device you plan on using
- Find and open up Printer Settings
- Look out for Add Printer
- Try printing a sample page
- A dialogue box should pop up with options. Make sure New Printer is selected
- Click next
- Pick which type of network printers
- If it fails, try repeating step six
Reason for Investing in Printer
- Save Money and Time
If someone would ask me, I’d say that the first reason to invest in a printer is to save money and time. You see, we don’t have an unlimited budget or resources so we always need to find ways on how we can reduce spending and improve productivity.
Printing documents at home saves you a lot of time from going to the office and waiting in line just so you can print your files. You can have it done as soon as possible, even when you are still sleeping, without worrying that someone will steal the machine away before you wake up because it’s not a shared one.
2. Convenience and Accessibility
The printer is very accessible and that is another reason why you need to invest in one. You can print your files anywhere, anytime! I remember, when my printer’s ink ran out, I needed to go to the stationery store just to buy a new cartridge. This experience showed me how inconvenient it is not to have a printer at home. It may be far from where I am at that time, and the store might be crowded with other people who also need to print some documents.
3. Say Yes to the Hard Copy
Last but not least, we don’t want to end up in a situation where we would need a hard copy of our files and we had no means of printing them out. This would be such a waste of time and effort. If you’re typing up an important document such as your resume, knowing that you can never print it out if something goes wrong is stressful.
So investing in printers is one of the most practical things we can do to not only save money but also ensure our convenience and productivity. We just need to make sure that we get the right kind of printer for our needs and use it properly, without damaging our document files.
Top Printer Brands in India
HP– HP has been a top printer brand since its beginning in 1939. They make a range of printers from laser and inkjet to all-in-one. In addition, HP also makes tablets and smartphones.
Canon – Canon’s wide range of products, including printers, digital cameras, fax machines, calculators, and video projectors have made them a top printer brand.
Epson – In 1968, Epson began as a manufacturer of watches and calculators before moving into peripheral products such as printers.
Brother – Brother is considered one of the top printer brands because it manufactures some of the most affordable laser printers on the market. They also have a line of sewing and embroidery machines.
Why You Must Invest In Multifunctional Printer
Small businesses spend too much time copying papers, printing PDF files, or sending faxes. However, things are changing with the introduction of multifunctional printers that reduce the amount of staff working on these tasks by integrating all three functions into one device. The use of multifunctional printers is both cost-efficient and time-saving.
When you invest in a multifunctional printer, you are basically purchasing an all-in-one device that will not only allow copying but also allow printing, scanning, and faxing of documents. The best multifunctional printers come with Wi-Fi connectivity which enables them to be connected both at home or in the office. Some even have Ethernet connectivity, enabling them to be connected to a network.
Multifunctional printers incorporate the best of both the inkjet and laser printer. These printers come with an amazing resolution that delivers high-quality images which are crisp, clear, and sharp. Some printers allow users to print directly from USB drives while others have a memory card slot enabling users to print documents from their mobile devices.
When you invest in a multifunctional printer, your business will achieve efficiency and save time as well as cut costs. There will be no need to hire extra staff to handle these functions thus reducing overhead costs. You can focus on your core business activities, knowing that all these functions are handled by a multifunctional printer.
Multifunctional printers enable you to make a copy of a document and share it with another person within minutes. You don’t have to send the document via email or physically deliver it to the recipient as they can collect it from your office or home. You can also edit, scan, and fax the document to someone else if necessary.
Investing in a multifunctional printer will ensure that you not only meet all your printing needs but save more time and money. Why would you purchase an individual printer for each function when one device does it all?
Inkjet Printers Vs Laser Printers
Inkjet printers and laser printers are both used to print documents. They both use different methods to apply ink or toner onto the paper, but they can be difficult to compare because of their differences in cost, speed, quality, and how they read data. Inkjet printers are common in home/small office environments whereas laser printers are more common in the business/office environment.
Inkjet printers have several moving parts and can be less productive than laser printers because they take more time to print a page and can tend to dry out if used infrequently, leading to inconsistent print quality. Laser printers, on the other hand, output high-quality documents quickly and do not require that their print cartridges be replaced as often as inkjet printers do, though their cost per page is usually higher than both other types of printers.
When it comes to speed and quality, these two technologies are capable of producing quite similar results. But laser printers still hold a significant advantage over color and photo-quality inkjet models. They also tend to be more reliable, and they use lower amounts of energy than inkjets.
A laser printer also has a much faster print time because it does not have to lay down as many layers of ink as an inkjet printer does. This is why laser printers are better for bulk printing jobs like textbooks and flyers since they can complete several pages in a fraction of the time it would take to print them on an inkjet printer.
Print resolution is measured in dots per inch or dpi, with higher numbers offering more detail. Laser printers are capable of printing at a much higher resolution because they only have to spray individual dots onto the page rather than smaller droplets that contain multiple colors. This gives laser printers an advantage when it comes to printing small text and complex images.
The ink in laser toner cartridges is dry, so if the printer sits for a while without being used, the cartridge will not clog or damage any of the moving parts inside. This allows laser printers to be left on for extended periods of time during busy office hours, a feature that is not true of inkjet printers.
Inkjet printer cartridges can dry up quickly so you have to use them on a regular basis or buy a special device that will keep the print head from drying out. This means that if someone in your office does not frequently print out documents, the inkjet printer sitting in the corner will not be much good to anyone.
Another disadvantage of inkjet printers is that their print heads are occasionally known to clog, forcing the user to purchase a replacement. On the other hand, laser printer toner cartridges have an expected lifespan that can range from 1,000 or more printed pages before needing to be replaced, making them more cost-effective than inkjet cartridges.
Ink is also cheaper than most laser toners, so it costs less to produce a printed page with an inkjet printer regardless of the quality setting used. But in terms of cost per printed page, laser printers present a clear advantage because their cost is divided between the initial price of the equipment and the cost of the toner, which is a fraction of what ink cartridges for traditional printers go for.
Inkjet printers have been known to clog up over time and need to be replaced frequently. But laser printer motors also fade with use so they will eventually need replacing as well. Printer manufacturers often try to make their products more affordable by offering low-end laser printers that are designed to last for only a few thousand pages, which can be problematic if you print frequently. That said, the cost per page of printing is typically significantly lower than inkjet printers.
As with all technologies it really depends on your specific needs as to which type of printer will ultimately suit your purposes the best.
Buyer’s Guidelines To Buy The Best Printer In India
- Stay In Budget
The first thing you have to do is set a budget for yourself. Decide what your maximum and minimum price range is going to be. It is always a good idea to stick as close as possible to your budget limit, but do not lose sight of the reason for buying a printer in the first place. If you are looking for an all-in-one printer, then it would be advisable to avoid going for an extremely low price and instead look at slightly more expensive models.
2. Type Of Ink
There are basically three types of ink available in the market today – dye-based, pigment-based, and sublimation. Each one has its own advantages and disadvantages. Dye-based ink is the cheapest option but it also fades away quickly giving your prints a short lifespan. Pigment-based ink lasts for a long time but is not as inexpensive. Sublimation ink falls between the two in terms of quality and cost.
3. Print Quality
The next thing you have to look at when buying printers online in India is print quality. It should be your primary concern, regardless of whether you are buying an all-in-one printer or just a printer. Good print quality can compensate for poor speed or lack of automatic features on a printer. When choosing the best printers, it is very important for you to look at your preferences. Some people are fine with draft printing while others cannot tolerate anything less than the sharpest printouts.
4. Print Speed
Depending on what type of printing you do most frequently, you should look at the print speed of a printer. You have to consider how much time it takes to print a page as well as its quality. If you need high-quality prints for your professional work, then you need to find printers with fast printing speeds. However, if all you want is normal color printing or black and white copies, then you may not need a printer that prints at high speeds.
5. Wireless Connectivity
Today’s printers are truly ‘smart’ devices because they are even able to connect to your computer wirelessly. If you have an Apple device or other smart technology-enabled machines in your house, then wireless capability is definitely something you should look for in a printer. There are printers available in India that have this feature, but they come with a slight price premium.
6. Additional Features
Many printers nowadays come with various additional features to improve their productivity or convenience of use. For example, there are new printers that can hold digital cameras on top of them and print directly from the camera. So, go through the list of features carefully to find out which one you actually need.
7. Paper Format
Most printers have a standard paper format that is A4 or Letter-sized, but if your needs are different then you should look for other paper formats as well. Some printers can print on envelopes and postcards. If you are purchasing an all-in-one printer, then it is advisable to look for a model that can print on various paper sizes.
8. Compact, Portable, Or Desktop
If you are looking for printers online in India, then there are three basic types of printers available in the market – desktop, portable and compact. While desktop printers are larger, they offer more printing options than the other two types. If you need a printer that is convenient to carry around then go for one of the smaller versions.
9. Technologies Used
This should be your final consideration when buying printers online in India because it only comes into play if speed and print quality are roughly equal otherwise. Today’s printers use several different technologies to achieve their results. Some of the most popular ones are:
Laser- A laser printer creates high-quality prints very quickly and is extremely durable, but it is expensive as well. So, go for a laser printer only if you need top-of-the-line printouts and want them in large quantities.
Inkjet- This is the most widely used printing technology and an inkjet printer is fast, offers good print quality, and is very affordable. However, it is also not as durable as laser printers and takes longer to warm up when in use.
Dot Matrix- These printers offer maximum resolution even on cheap paper but they are outdated and cannot be used for color prints.
Thermal- These printers use heat-sensitive paper and print thermal wax images that are fade-resistant and waterproof, but they are also slow and very noisy while printing.
10. Go For All-in-One Printer
An All in One printer provides multiple features in one device so it can be sometimes beneficial, but oftentimes they are expensive and provide the same quality as single-purpose printers. However, when considering if you should buy them or not it’s important to define yourself as a user. If you do many printing tasks in a single day and the printer will be used in a shared environment, then this option may not be the best one for you. However, if you print large objects like banners or posters, then it might be worth considering because such printers tend to come with extra features that can save your time and money.
Best Printer Under 10000 In India
Best Printer Under 15000 In India
Wrapping It Up
We hope after reading this article you have a clear about printers. We suggest you buy the best multifunctional printer as a single machine can serve various purposes.
Our buyer’s Guidelines will help you to decide which type of printer matches your need. You can buy one from our top 8 list as we have done all the hard work and research to list these printers so that you can choose the best one without spending much time.