You spend a lot of time online, searching for information. And like most of us, you use google to find information online, searching for answers about private stuff that you might not want anyone else to know. And as you know, google tracks and saves all your browsing data as well as online activities. If this makes you uncomfortable, or if you just want to prevent other people who use your PC or Phone from seeing your private searches, there is a way to Completely Delete Your Google History. This is how you do it.
1. Login to your Google Account:
2. Now go to the Google history page.
Click on https://history.google.com/history/
3. Delete Web & App Activity:
Click on Setting Icon at Right Top (See above screenshot) and select delete option from drop down menu.
A new window will pop up. From there, select Advanced and Select All time from the drop down menu. Then click on Delete.
Another box is popup, asking you to confirm your choice. Just click on DELETE and you are done.
MORE GOOD STUFFS:
Disable (or “pause”) your Google Web & App History:
1. From your Web & App History page, click the cog, then click Settings from the drop-down menu.
2. On the “Account history” page, there is a blue switch next to “Your searches and browsing activity.” Slide the switch to the left.
3. You’ll see a window asking, “Pause Web & App Activity?” Read the important information before your proceed. Then click Pause.
Your “Account history” page should say that your search and browsing activity is paused, and the switch should be grey.
4. If you want to go a little further, you can tell Google to “pause” all of the other history it logs from the other Google apps and services you use. This includes the places you go, information from your devices, and your YouTube watch history. Click on Show More Settings.
5. Slide all the switches to the left. After you slide each switch, you will see a confirmation message asking if you would like to pause each activity. Read the important information for each item, then click Pause.
That’s it. You are done.
Before deleting your Google search history, you need to know:
By default, Google personalizes your search results based on your search activity. For example, If you search for technical support and click on techyuga.com more frequently then all other websites, then Google will rank techyuga.com higher on the search results page every time you look for technical support.
If you delete and disable your history, then your returning search results will be broader and less specific to you. So techyuga.com won’t show up at the top of the results, even though it’s your favorite site.
Deleting and disabling your history does NOT make you invisible to Google:
The reality is that it’s pretty much impossible to be invisible to Google. But you can be prudent. Start by eliminating all Google apps and services from your daily web use. And use search engines that don’t track your search activity, such as DuckDuckGo, Ixquick, and Startpage.
Remember that time you did a Facebook search of your partner’s ex? And before that, when you had a huge crush on your sweetie, you’d check his or her profile page slightly too often. Facebook Does. Just like Google, Whenever you search for something on Facebook, your search terms get stored in your Activity Log. Here’s how to how to delete facebook search history