How To Solve ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT in Chrome
One of the common and pathetic errors in Google Chrome is ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. It means the server is taking more than sufficient time to reply. As a result, your search page of Google Chromes fails to load. But that’s not the reason worry. You’ll be relieved to know it’s possible to fix. Scroll your way down the list until you find the one that works.
Fixes for ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT:
Before proceeding, please make sure the server you want to open is existing.
1. Clear Your Chrome Browsing Data
2. Update your Network adapter driver
3. Check your Windows Hosts File
4. Adjust LAN settings
5. Flush DNS and renew IP address
6. Get help with a VPN
Method 1: Clear your Chrome browsing data
By cookie setting policy, your Chrome may save all browsing data such as cookies, app data, cache files, etc. which may cause Err_Connection_Timed_Out error. So follow to delete the browsing data from Chrome browser.
1) On the top right of Chrome, click the More options icon, then select Settings.
3) Choose the beginning of time as the time period from the drop-down menu, tick on all items, then click Clear browsing data. Then click Clear browsing data… under Privacy.
Method 2: Update network adapter driver
This problem may occur if you are using the wrong network adapter driver or it’s out of date. So you should keep your network adapter driver updated to see if the problem is fixed. If time, patience or skills is a constraint to you to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy :
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system
Note: You can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
Method 3: Check your Windows Hosts File
Note: If there isn’t just one website occurring Err_Connection_Timed_Out error, skip this step.
If there is an IP address and website URL added to block in the hosts file, it might cause some other websites to get blocked as well. Therefore, we should check Windows Hosts File.
1) Run Notepad as administrator. If you’ve installed Notepad++ on your computer, we recommend that you use Notepad++ instead. When prompted by UAC, just click YES to go on.
2) Click File on the top left of Notepad window. Then Click Open.
3) Select All Types from the drop-down menu at the bottom right. Then double click on hosts.
4) Check if there is any website address or IP address after the last # sign. If yes, delete all of them and save the change.
Method 4: Adjust LAN settings
Sometimes our computer’s internet setting changed by a virus, therefore we should adjust it back to solve ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.
- Open Control Panel. Then click Internet Options with choosing View by Large icons.
- Click LAN settings under Connections pane.
- Make sure all the items are unticked, then click OK.
Method 5: Flush DNS and renew IP address
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT can be also related with DNS and IP, so we should flush DNS and renew IP address.
1) On your keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key and press R to invoke a Run box.
2) Type cmd into the box and click OK.
3) On the pop-up Command Prompt window, type the following commands and press Enter after each one.
ipconfig /registerdnsipconfig /release ipconfig /renew netshwinsock reset
When it’s done, close the command prompt window.
Restart your PC to make changes take effect.
Hope Your Methods were helpful enough to solve your ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT in Chrome In Windows 10.
Also, check our article How to Stop Windows 10 From Using So Much Data
and Our Windows Error Problem Related Fix here.
also, check some other Google Chrome Error Like How to Fix ERR_CACHE_MISS Error in Google Chrome
Want to Learn More Cool Tips and Tricks Click here.
Check Our Youtube Channel For More Tutorial and Repair Video.
Have You Ever Heard about GOD MODE in Windows? Learn More
Stay Tune Until Next adios!