Are You Facing Antimalware Service Executable High CPU on Windows 10? Don’t know How to Fix Anti-malware Service Executable High CPU on Windows 10.
If you noticed that the Antimalware Sevice Executable process takes up high CPU on Windows 10, rest assured, you’re not alone. Many Windows 10 users also report this problem. You can fix this problem by yourself.
In this article, you’ll learn what Antimalware Sevice Executable exactly is and how to fix its high CPU usage issue.
How to Fix Antimalware Service Executable High CPU on Windows 10
What is Antimalware Service Executable?
You may know Windows Defender in your Windows, it’s an antivirus software built-in Windows 10. Antimalware Service Executable is one of the background-running services in Windows Defender. It’s also known as MsMpEng.exe, you can find this on the Details tab in your Task Manager.
Antimalware Service Executable is used to scan the malware and spyware when you access them. It detects if there’s anything malicious object. Besides, it also takes a background scan of your system for any viruses. It’s scanning relies heavily on your computer’s CPU, that’s why you find it’s affecting the CPU usage on your Windows 10. But the problem can be easily solved and here are the following ways:-
Fixes for Antimalware Service Executable high CPU:
- Change Windows Defender’s schedule
- Add Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender exclusion list
Fix 1: Change Windows Defender’s schedule
The error is mainly due to its real-time protection feature. So we can change Windows Defender’s schedule to fix it.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R together to invoke the Run box.
2) Type taskschd.msc and press Enter.
2) Double-click on Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows.
3) Double-click Windows Defender in Windows. Then double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.
4) Uncheck Run with highest privileges.
5) Uncheck all the items in the Conditions section. Then click OK.
With the steps above, your error should be fixed now.
If unfortunately, it doesn’t work, please don’t be frustrated, try the following method.
Fix 2: Add Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender exclusion list
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and ‘i’ at the same time to open the Settings window.
2) Click Update & security.
3) Click Windows Defender. Then click Add an exclusion in Exclusions.
4) Click Exclude a .exe, .com or .scr process
5) Type MsMpEng.exe. Then click OK.
Now you have added Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender exclusion list. The error should be fixed by now.
We hope this article How to Fix Antimalware Service Executable High CPU on Windows 10. If not, you are advised to let your device checked by the professionals. We recommend “Techyuga” as your destination.
Also, check our article How to Stop Windows 10 From Using So Much Data
and Our Windows Error Problem Related Fix here.
Want to Learn More Cool Tips and Tricks Click here.
Have You Ever Heard about GOD MODE in Windows? Learn More
Stay Tune Until Next adios!