The Apple App Store is one of the fastest places on your Mac because it lets you search and download your favorite apps on your machine. The App store not working on mac problem arises when you need to install an app if you can’t do it because the App Store freezes or crashes again and again. It usually happens when app store updates are stuck in OS 10.15 if there may be different troubles.
How To Fix Apple App Store Not Working On Mac?
Almost all Mac users reported a problem with the Apple Mac App Store not working On Mac. It happens after Clicking on the OS X Update button, but this is a kind of bug. We know that without accessing the App Store on the device, we can’t download the required apps on MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, or iMac. So you should follow the Alternate way to avoid it. We serve here as Alternate ways to resolve your issue. We will go beneath and let to know which one becomes helpful for your Problem Apple Mac app store is not working.
Steps To Fix Apple App Store Not Working On Mac?
Here are some easy steps, following which you can Fix Apple App Store Not Working On Mac.
1. Force Quit – App Store Not Loading Or Blank
App Store not working on mac or App store blank, Because, most Mac apps also use cache for the quick response and user experience. So, I recommend Force quit the app store on Mac.
- From the Top Mac menu, App Store > Quit App Store.
2. Safe Mode on Mac To Fix App Store Not Working On Mac
Safe mode on Mac determines the software issue caused by installed software on Mac. So Turn on your Mac in safe mode and Check the issue is fixed automatically. Entering your Mac in safe mode is different for M1, and Intel Mac. First, check and follow the exact way to do Safe mode.
M1 Mac:- Macbook, Mac mini, iMac
- Shut Down your Mac and Wait for 20 Seconds.
- Now, Press and Hold on Power button [Touch ID Button], Until you see the Startup volume and Options on screen. Click on Startup Volume. Now, Press and Hold on Shift key and Continue with Safe mode option.
- On the Next screen, log in your Mac with the Login password and Verify whether the issue is fixed or not.
Intel Mac:- Macbook, Mac mini, iMac
- Shut down your Mac and Turn on Mac after 10 seconds.
- Quickly Press and Hold Command + R Key until your Mac sees the login screen with the Safe mode label.
- Log in with your Password and Verify whether the issue is fixed or not.
3. Reset Default Keychains To Fix App Store Not Working On Mac
Your Keychain access prevents access Mac app store. then recommend to Reset default Keychains from Preferences. Follow me steps below, Important! by doing this, Create new empty login and “ICloud” keychains. You will lose all Items currently stored li these keychains. So keep this option as the last solution.
- Open Keychain Access on Mac from spotlight search.
- Next, Go to keychain access from the top Mac menu > Preferences [Settings on macOS Ventura].
- Click on Reset Default Keychains
4: Update Mac using Combo Update To Fix App Store Not Working On Mac
Before updating your Mac, kindly check the current version of your macOS. To do so,
- Click on Apple icon > About This Mac.
- See the Version Number, it is displayed exactly below the macOS update name. If the Mac is not on the latest version then continue with the steps.
- There, you will find the Software Update button, try clicking on it. Also, enable Auto updates.
- On MacOS Ventura: Go to the Apple Logo > System Settings > General > Software Update [Click on (i) Button to Turn on Automatic Update].
- Check for updates
- Download new updates when available
- Install macOS updates
- Install app updates from the App Store
- Install system data files and security updates
Otherwise, you should update using a browser, using a Combo update.
5: Sign Out of Mac App Store To Fix App Store Not Working On Mac
If your Apple ID is facing some issues, then Mac App Store will not work properly on macOS X, at that time the best thing to do is Sign out of the App Store. After that, restart the Mac and then Sign In with the same Apple ID. Here’s how you can do it,
- Click on the Apple icon > App Store.
- Now, on the App Store top bar, click on Store and then Sign Out.
6: Clear App Store Cache To Fix App Store Not Working On Mac
Is your MacBook Apple App Store Can Not Connect to the Internet? Clearing App Store cache files is a considerable solution to fixing Mac App Store not working on mac.
- Open Finder and click Go.
- Select Go to the folder.
- Type ~/Library/Caches/ and click Go.
Find the folders named,
The first one with the name com.apple.appstore is the main folder. Delete all the files stored in the above-listed folders. Don’t delete the folders, only delete the inside files and then empty the trash entirely.
7: Delete Incorrect or Invalid Certificates To Fix App Store Not Working On Mac
- Finder > Go > Go to the folder > type, /var/db/crls/.
- Delete the following files, ocspcache.db as well as crlcache.db, you may be asked to enter the administrator password.
- Next, restart the Mac and check if the problem still persists.
8: Create a new admin user on your Mac To Fix App Store Not Working On Mac
A great way to identify problems with your account is to create another admin user on your Mac and then test out the Mac App Store.
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences > Users & Groups
- Click the lock icon to unlock it
- Enter an administrator’s name and password to confirm
- Choose the Add button below the list of users
- In the New Account menu, choose Administrator as your type of userAn administrator can add and manage other users, install apps, and change settings
- Enter a full name for the new user and the account name
- Create a password, then enter it again to verify
- Set-up a password hint to help the user remember it
- Click Create User
- Once you created the new admin user, log out of your current user and log in to the new user and set it up
- Try opening the Mac App Store in this new user account
- If the Mac App Store still doesn’t work, try using a different Apple ID or create a new Apple ID and test
So, these were the most helpful steps to resolve the Mac AppStore hanging and crashing problem. If you are unable to solve this issue after implementing these techniques, you may need to reinstall your operating system or get the system checked from an Apple outlet.
Conclusion On Fix App Store Not Working On Mac
The App Store is an essential tool for installing new apps and games on your Mac, but you might, on rare occasions, run into glitches in which the app won’t run, freezes, or crashes randomly. This can be frustrating — and result in the inability to get work done — but the above-discussed method is among several ways to troubleshoot the problem and get up and running again quickly.
Hope you liked this article on How To Fix Apple App Store Not Working On Mac. If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comment section below. We will be happy to respond.