How To Fix BOOTMGR is Missing Error In Windows
Are You Facing BOOTMGR missing? Don’t Know How to Fix To BOOTMGR missing Error Problem. Missing Bootmgr is the most common problem faced by almost every windows os user. In this article, We are going to show How To Fix BOOTMGR is Missing In Windows 10/8/7.
What Is BOOTMGR:
Windows Boot Manager (BOOTMGR) is a small piece of software, called a boot manager, that’s loaded from the volume boot code, which is part of the volume boot record.BOOTMGR eventually executes winload.exe, the system loader used to continue the Windows boot process. In Nutshell It Help boot The OS On Your PC or Laptop.
Where Is Windows Boot Manager (BOOTMGR) Found:
The Windows boot loader architecture includes a firmware-independent boot configuration and storage system called Boot Configuration Data (BCD) and a boot option editing tool, BCDEdit (BCDEdit.exe). During development, you can use BCDEdit to configure boot options for debugging, testing, and troubleshooting your driver on computers running Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008. (Taken Microsoft DOC Reference).
The BOOTMGR file itself is both read-only and hidden and is located in the root directory of the partition marked as Active in Disk Management. On most Windows computers, this partition is labeled as System Reserved and doesn’t have a drive letter.
When Do Windows Errors Occur?
Windows errors, such as those associated with bootmgr, most often occur during computer startup, program startup, or while trying to use a specific function in your program.
Most Common Bootmgr Error Messages.
The most common bootmgr errors that can appear on a Windows OS are below.
- Bootmgr error.
- Bootmgr is missing.
- Bootmgr not found.
- Bootmgr failed to load.
- Failed to register bootmgr.
- Runtime Error: bootmgr.
- Error loading bootmgr.
Most Common Causes of Bootmgr Errors.
Most Common Reason for this error to occur is below.
- Corrupt Windows registry keys associated with bootmgr / Microsoft Windows.
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted the bootmgr file or related Microsoft Windows program files.
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted bootmgr-related files.
- Another program is in conflict with Microsoft Windows and its shared referenced files.
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of Microsoft Windows software.
How to solve this problem?
Here is the most successful way to fix the issue with 100% accuracy.
Set your hard disk as the first boot device.If the correct boot volume, usually the hard disk, isn’t set to first in your boot menu, this problem may also happen. Go with the following steps to set your hard disk as the first boot device.
In the boot menu of your device, you can check and select your first boot menu device.
- When your PC or Laptop power on press F12 continuously to get into the boot menu. (in some device it may be F2, F8, F10, F12)
- In the Boot tab, press arrow keys ↑ or ↓ to select your correct boot volume. Usually, it’s a Hard Disk. Press + or – key to move your boot drive
- Press F10 to save your setting (Important).
- Press Esc to exit boot menu.
After that, the computer will reboot and this bootmgr missing error will be fixed.
Solution 2: Run Startup Repair
If the previous step fails then you need to fix the issue with a Startup Repair Option. here are the step below.
For bootmgr is missing in Windows 10, follow these:
1) Insert your USB with Windows 10 ISO into your computer.
2) Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart your computer.
3) Once you see your computer’s logo, press F12 continuously to enter boot menu.
4) Press ↑ or ↓ key to choose your USB drive, then press Enter.
5) When you see a black screen saying Press any key to boot from CD or DVD, press Enter on your keyboard.
6) Select your language, time, and keyboard, then click Next.
7) Click Repair your computer at the bottom left.
8) Click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair.
9) After it’s done, restart your computer to see if it is fixed.
For Windows 7, follow these:
For windows, 7 user steps are same as above. Here the only difference is menu UI.
Then Menu looks like this. Rest steps are the same .
Solution 3: Rebuild the boot configuration data (BCD) from Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).
- Put the Windows installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.
- Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.
- If your PC does not detect the media automatically
- During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or
- DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
- Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order, Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the Boot Order, then press Enter.
- Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list.
- Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press Enter. The boot order sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
- Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window.
- The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
- Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then select Next.
- Select Repair your computer.
- Select the operating system that you want to repair, and then select Next.
- In the System Recovery Options dialog box, select Command Prompt.
- Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press ENTER. (Reference)
The process will take a few minutes to complete. Fixed automatically after scanning. Wait patiently until you see the pc reboot. After that You Wil Found This BOOTMGR is Missing fixed.
We hope this article How To Fix BOOTMGR is Missing Error In Windows will help you to troubleshoot bootmgr is missing in windows 10 /bootmgr is missing in windows 7 /bootmgr is missing in windows 7 . If not, you are advised to let your device checked by the professionals. We recommend “Techyuga” as your destination.
Also, check our article Top Most Common DLL Error Problem
and Our Windows Error Problem Related Fix here.
Want to Learn More Cool Tips and Tricks Click here.
Have You Ever Heard about GOD MODE in Windows? Learn More
Stay Tune Until Next adios!