How To Fix “The User Profile Service service failed the Logon”
While logging in to Windows 7 with your account, you may receive the error message: The User Profile Service failed the logon. This is a very common issue and you can easily solve that with the help of some simple steps. If your user profile cannot be loaded, use the following solution in this post to fix the problem. Many Windows 7 users have encountered this issue like you and they have got the benefit of using this solution.
When you run into this problem, restart your PC and try again. Sometimes restarting your pc works to resolve the issue.
If the problem persists, try the following solution:
First, start Windows in Safe Mode. If you are not sure how to enter Safe Mode in Windows 7.
The solution is to fix the user account profile, which requires you to modify the registry. You need to follow the steps carefully, as modifying registry incorrectly might cause serious problems. It is recommended that you back up the registry before you get started, so you can restore it if a problem occurs.
Then follow these steps:
1) Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog box will open.
2) Type Regedit and click on OK button. This is to open Registry Editor utility.
3) In Registry Editor, locate and then expand the following registry subkey:
4) Under this subkey, locate the folders that begin with S-1-5 followed by a long number.
In most cases, there are two such folders: One ends with .bak and the other one ends with none.).
If this is your case, click on each folder and locate the ProfileImagePathentry in the right details pane.
Double-click on the ProfileImagePath to make sure that this is the user account profile that has the error. You can tell it from the Value data which shows the user account.
After that, follow these:
1) Right-click on the folder without .bak, and then click Rename. Type .baat the end, and then press Enter key.
2) Right-click on the folder that ends with .bak, and then clicks Rename. Remove “.bak” and then press Enter key.
3) Right-click on the folder that ends with .ba, and then clicks Rename. Change the .ba to .bak at the end of the folder name, and then press Enter key.
4) Reboot your PC and see if you can log on to the computer.
If you have only one folder starting with S-1-5, followed by long numbers and ends with .bak. Right-click on the folder and select Rename. Remove .bak and then press Enter key.
5) Click on the folder, double-click RefCount, type 0 in the Value data box, and then click OK button.
6) Click on the folder again, double-click State, type 0 in the Value data box, and then click OK button
7) Reboot your PC and now you should be able to log on successfully.
We hope this article How To Fix The User Profile Service service failed the Logon. If not, you are advised to let your device checked by the professionals. We recommend “Techyuga” as your destination.
Also, check our article How to Stop Windows 10 From Using So Much Data
and Our Windows Error Problem Related Fix here.
Want to Learn More Cool Tips and Tricks Click here.
Have You Ever Heard about GOD MODE in Windows? Learn More
Stay Tune Until Next adios!