Even though we’re all carrying around phones with professional-quality cameras these days, not all of us know how to take professional-quality photos.
The blur effect which is also known as the bokeh effect— helps to create distance between the focal point of the photo (the subject) and the background. This visual technique optically separates the in-focus object — you! — from the rest of the scene.
So if you are searching “How To Blur Background Photo In iPhone?”, then this article was helpful for you to make good professional stills.
However, if your photo output is not good even after following our guide. If you have a broken camera lens, then you must contact professionals for your iPhone camera replacement.
How To Blur Background Photo In iPhone?
While DSLR cameras are still the preferred tool for professional photographers, your iPhone and the majority of Android devices can take excellent pictures with a bokeh effect just like a pro. The blur effect in portrait photographs is quite essential when you want to focus all attention on the subject and keep it away from the backdrop. You may blur a photo on older iPhone models as well, despite the fact that the majority of new iPhones come equipped with solid camera hardware and software to assist you to take excellent portrait shots. Check out the top 3 ways to blur the background of an iPhone photo if you want to enhance your photography skills and make your subjects shine.
- Blur background photo using portrait mode
- Blur background photo by getting close to your subject
- Blur background photo by using a third-party app
Let’s get started.
1. How To Blur Background Photo Using Portrait Mode
On an iPhone, the Portrait mode that comes with the default camera app is all you need to use to blur a photo. Uninitiated users can snap pictures with a strong focus on the subject and a blurred backdrop by using the Portrait mode, which enables the camera to produce a depth-of-field effect.
Portrait mode is supported by the following iPhone models:
- iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone SE and iPhone SE 3
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
- iPhone X and iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 Plus
Here are the following steps for how to blur the background in iPhone photos.
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone.
- At the bottom, swipe right to left to select the Portrait option.
- Make sure the background is at least 12 or more feet farther away from the subject. If you’re too close, the Move farther away message will be displayed by the camera.
- Keep in mind that when the subject is correctly aligned, the portrait lighting effect, such as Natural Light, will change to yellow.
- After that, simply hit the Shutter button to take a portrait photo on your iPhone with a blurred background.
How To Take Long-Exposure Photos On iPhone
Fix iPhone Camera Won’t Focus
What Is The Apple iPhone 14 Plus Camera Replacement Cost In India
What Is The Apple iPhone 14 Camera Replacement Cost In India
What Is Apple iPhone 6 Camera Replacement In India
What Is Apple iPhone 7 Plus Camera Replacement In India
What Is Apple iPhone 8 Plus Camera replacement cost in India
What Is Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max Camera Replacement In India
2. Blur Background Photo By Getting Close To Your Subject
If you don’t have a recent iPhone but still want to blur a picture on your iPhone, what do you do? Not to worry, there is an outdated but still useful method that will enable you to blur the backdrop of an iPhone shot.
Get closer to your topic to make the background less visible. Yes, you read it right. Although using Portrait mode is more simple and more intuitive, this approach also works on previous iPhone models. To get the perfect shot, your main subject must be sharp and the background must be blurry.
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone and place the subject about a foot from the camera’s lens.
- Tap on the location you wish to focus on the subject.
- Take some shots until you find the one with the desired level of blur.
3. Blur Background Photo By Using A Third-Party App
However, you might want to know how to blur background of photo already taken. So you may blur backgrounds using a third-party program to produce a similar effect. In the App Store, there are apps for removing the background from already-existing photographs. Certain are accessible for a one-time fee, such as AfterFocus, while others, like some others, are free with in-app purchases. There are some apps available for free like Snapseed and Focus that requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Launch the Focus app on your iPhone. Next, simply hit the photo icon and choose the picture you wish to edit. Then, use the blur effect slider to change the iPhone photo’s background blur.
- Once you’re satisfied with the effects, tap the export icon in the top-right corner to save or share your photo as necessary.
- Launch Snapseed on your iPhone.
- Go to the Photos library and choose which photo you want to edit.
- Select Tools and scroll them to see the options then select Lens Blur.
- Your photo will show up on the screen with a circle enclosing the region you should keep in focus.
- To make the circle smaller or longer around your subject, pinch your fingers together.
- To make other changes, such as adjusting the blur’s intensity, the size of the transition, and the vignette’s intensity, tap the edit slider at the bottom of the screen.
- When you’re satisfied with the effects, tap the Tickmark in the lower right corner.
- Select the Export option, then save or share your results.
Conclusion How To Blur Background Photo In iPhone
So yeah, these are the most effective ways to blur the background in photos on your iPhone. One of the best ways to take a beautiful portrait or make your subject stand out is to blur the background of the image.
There are several choices for blurring the background for great effects in all of your images if you are using an iPhone camera. It is simple to achieve a depth-of-field or blur effect in Portrait Mode on contemporary iPhones, but it does require that the subject is positioned correctly. The good news is that with the right positioning, you can achieve a blur effect with an older iPhone. Or, the solution is just a few clicks away in the App Store if you want to blur the background of older images.
If you’re unsure to do this, you might Contact TECHYUGA for further details. Or book your repair now.
Q. How To Blur Background On iPhone Free?
Q. How To Blur Background In iPhone Photos?
A. You can blur background in iPhone photos in 3 ways.
- Using portrait mode
- Getting close to your subject
- Third-party apps like Afterfocus.