Have a question like this – How to change your MacBook name? don’t worry, we’ll guide you. Read this post to understand how to change your name on your MacBook. Most people probably haven’t given any thought to renaming their Mac or MacBook.
When purchasing our first computer, many of us simply let macOS decide what the name should be and leave it alone. If you use AirDrop or Bluetooth gadgets, there are several reasons to switch up your MacBook name profile. The process will go much more smoothly if your Mac has a memorable name.
Why Would You Possibly Want To Rename Your Mac?
It’s one thing to know how to do it on a MacBook or Mac, but why would you want to? These are some noble causes:
- You don’t like what you see. You can sometimes just get annoyed by a strange username. Just modify it instead of ignoring it or being irritated when you see it on your Mac!
- AirDrop. Many individuals use AirDrop to transmit files, and various usernames can make it uncertain who is sending data or where someone should AirDrop their files. You may fix this by giving your MacBook or Mac a name that is simple to read.
- Bluetooth issues. Have you ever attempted to connect a device to your Mac only to see a rather strange series of letters and numbers in place of the device name? The same holds true if you need to connect your Mac to something that has a display. It can be really frustrating to combine a Mac with a bad name.
- It applies to the entire system. Everywhere, including the primary filesystem on your Mac, your username is shown. It can be much easier to use Terminal or type commands when you have a suitable login.
- Multiple users using the same Mac. If more than one person uses the same Mac, you might wish to modify the Mac name files to reflect each user so that each person has their own account.
- Networking. You might want to check which devices are accessing your WiFi if your home network is having issues. If you change your password while you can’t recognize your own computer, you risk losing access to a Mac!
If you are not confident enough to do it by yourself, we highly recommend you to contact professionals like Techyuga for your MacBook Servicing. Techyuga provides solutions to all types of MacBook issues.
How To Change Your MacBook Name?
Whatever your reasons for requesting a name change, here’s how to do it on a Mac:
- Go to Apple menu > System Preferences
- Select Sharing
- Enter the name in the computer Name box you wish to want to type for your Mac
All you have to do is that. Your Mac’s name will change if you click anywhere beyond the text entering area.
How To Change Home Folder Name On MacOs?
Do you know how to change a user’s home folder on a Mac or in macOS now that you are familiar with changing a user’s name? It’s also not hard; here’s how to accomplish it:
- Launch Finder on your Mac
- Click Go in the menu bar
- Right-click the user folder which you’d want to rename
- Select Rename
- Type the name of the folder you’d prefer
How To Change Local Hostname On Mac?
Although you are familiar with how to perform it, what about the primary user? You can definitely get the name of your entire computer if you want to. Change the primary user’s user name on your Mac by performing the actions listed below. Here’s how to change your name on the MacBook air lock screen:
- Go to Apple menu > System Preferences
- Select User and Groups
- Click the lock icon in the bottom-left corner of your window and then enter your password to unlock your computer
- After that, select Advanced options
- Change the Account Name column to match the new name you just gave that user’s Home folder.
- Change the Account Name box to match the new name you just gave that user’s Home folder.
- After that, modify the Home directory column to reflect the new name you provided in the Home folder.
- Select OK
- Close System preferences
- Restart your Mac and you can log on to the renamed account
So this is how to change your name on MacBook air lock screen also.
Conclusion On “How To Change Your MacBook Name”.
This was How you can change your MacBook Name. Changing your MacBook name is the first step to customizing your MacBook.
So if you Have a question like this -how to change your MacBook name?, how to change your MacBook name for AirDrop? How to change your name on the MacBook lock screen?, how to change your name on the MacBook Air lock screen? etc. Here was the detailed step. If you have still any questions, you can leave them in the comment section below. We will be happy to respond.