How to clean a Printer? Image quality suffers when printheads get clogged. You might see ink smudges or lines on the paper. So how to clean a printer? Let us teach you how to.
How to clean a Printer
Cleaning a printer is pretty easy if you know what you need to do and what process you need to follow to clean the printer.
The steps are as follows –
Open Control Panel through the Power User Menu or Start menu, depending on your version of Windows.
Select Hardware and Sound or Printers and Other Hardware. The option you see depends on how new your version of Windows is.
Click or tap Device and Printers or View Installed Printers or Fax Printers.
Open the printer’s menu. Right-click the name of the printer that needs cleaning. You’ll find it below the “Printers” heading near the bottom of the page. A drop-down menu will appear.
- If your mouse doesn’t have a right-click button, click the right side of the mouse, or use two fingers to click the mouse.
- If your computer uses a trackpad instead of a mouse, use two fingers to tap the trackpad or press the bottom-right side of the trackpad.
Click Properties. It’s at the bottom of the drop-down menu. A new window will appear.
Click the Hardware or Maintenance tab. You’ll find this option at the top of the window.
- Some printers keep the self-cleaning option in a More Options or a Tools tab as well.
Click the “Cleaning” option. This option will usually say Clean Heads or Clean Cartridges, but keep an eye out for any “Clean” option on the page.
- If you can’t find an option to clean your printer’s print heads (or “nozzles”, or “cartridges”), consult your printer’s manual or online documentation. Your printer may not have a self-cleaning option.
Follow any on-screen prompts. If prompted to do or click anything during the cleaning process, do so. Otherwise, your printer should clean itself, after which point you can resume printing your documents.
- You may have an option to print a test page that will verify whether or not the cleaning process worked.
- If your printing results still indicate clogged print heads, you’ll need to clean manually the print heads to fix the problem.
Turn on the HP Deskjet printer and lift the cover. When the ink cartridges move to the center of the printer, unplug the power cord and lift the cartridges out of the printer.
Set the ink cartridges wide side down on a piece of paper. Dampen cotton swabs with water and squeeze out any excess water. Clean the edges around the nozzle plates on the bottom of the ink cartridges. Do not touch the nozzle plates or copper contacts with the cotton swabs.
Clean the ink cartridge cradle inside the printer with clean, damp cotton swabs. Allow the ink cartridges and cradle to dry before replacing the cartridges. Close the printer cover and plug in the power cord.
Print a test page to ensure that the cartridges were reinstalled properly.
How can we help you?
- In Home Support: You don’t have to roam around repair shops to fix your device issue. One can simply a book technician by filling up the form on our site or by a live chat with our engineers and schedule an appointment at his/her convenience. And our engineers will attend you on given time at any given address in Kolkata.
- Technical Expertise:All our engineers are certified and authorized to work on any device weather it is a laptop or smartphone repair or a printer in our printer service center in kolkata. Our engineers have got the technical expertise to resolve any hardware/software issue onsite. we know how to clean a printer.
- Maximum Availability: Our support team is always available 24 hours a day via phone, live chat, and email in our printer service center in kolkata. It means, any time you have any doubt or any question, you can simply visit techyuga and live chat with our support assistant.
Our engineers are available to attend you anytime between 8 AM to 10 PM. Most of the days, our engineers have to work up to 2 AM at customer’s home to fulfill their requirements. And we are happy to see, how much people respect our dedication.