Need to use your TV for something other than watching TV? With more people working from home, there are several ways you can use your TV as an extra display – without a lot of fuss. We will show you the three different ways to turn your TV into a collaboration space.
Here in this article, we will discuss how to connect smart TV. But before that, it is recommended to consult Professionals if you are not confident about doing it by yourself. Contact Techyga for all types of laptop repair and laptop servicing.
How To Connect Your Laptop To Your Smart TV?
Screen mirroring has several advantages. It’s not a difficult operation, and it improves the overall experience of anything you do on your laptop. Laptops may now be connected to almost any HDTV. It can be used to share intriguing photos or movies with friends and family. You can utilize it to obtain a more immersive experience from your laptop when watching movies or playing games.
Many businesses now use TVs for meetings and presentations. Screen mirroring has become a standard function on TVs. You can utilize it if you have a laptop and an HDTV at home by following a few simple steps. There are two ways to connect your laptop to your TV.
- Connecting your laptop to your TV wirelessly
- Connecting your laptop to your TV using cables
Let’s get started one by one.
Before we start discussing How to connect your laptop to smart TV, its recommended that if this process fails, you should
How To Connect Your Laptop To Your Smart TV Wirelessly?
You might be able to connect your laptop to your smart TV wirelessly, depending on the type of computer you have. Here is how to connect your laptop to your smart tv without HDMI cables.
How To Connect PC Laptop To Your Smart TV?
- Ensure that the TV and the laptop are both wi-fi enabled
- On your laptop, Go to Settings > System > Display
- Under the Multiple displays header, click Connect to a wireless display. You should see a list of available displays.
- Click on your TV when it appears in the list to connect your laptop.
- Click Detect under the Multiple displays header if your TV isn’t listed.
- If it still doesn’t show up, your TV or laptop could not support Miracast®, the wireless connection technology that makes the devices work together.
How To Connect Apple Laptop To Your Smart TV?
AirPlay is used by Apple MacBooks to mirror the screen. However, your TV must support AirPlay. You must join the same wireless network with both of your devices in order to use AirPlay. You may quickly connect your laptop to a compatible smart TV using AirPlay®. Apple TV® or AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs (i.e., TVs from LG®, Samsung®, Sony®, or Vizio® that were manufactured in 2019 or after) are examples of compatible devices.
- First, ensure that your apple laptop is connected to the same wi-fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-enabled smart TV
- Go to the Control center on your Mac
- Select Screen mirroring
- Select the device with which you want to share your display
- To stop your streaming session, go to screen mirroring and then click stop mirroring.
How To Connect A Laptop To Smart TV Wirelessly Using Chromecast
You can often mirror anything on your PC’s screen to your TV if you have a Smart TV with Chromecast built-in (which should be the majority of contemporary non-Apple TVs). If your TV can connect to a wireless network but doesn’t support Chromecast or Miracast, you can use a streaming device like Roku or the standalone Chromecast to connect it to your PC wirelessly. Here are steps to display the screen on your TV.
Step 1: Switch ON Your Chromecast-Enabled TV
- If your TV is powered by Chromecast or has a Chromecast device attached, you can mirror any Chromecast-enabled Windows apps to the screen. Chromecast is supported by many Windows applications, including Plex, Netflix, Spotify, and Chrome.
Step 2: Connect Your Laptop To The Same Wi-fi Network As The TV
- To utilize Chromecast, the TV and laptop must be connected to the same network.
Step 3: Open The Website or App You Want To Cast To The TV
- For instance, you would launch the Chrome web browser and go to https://www.youtube.com if you wanted to watch YouTube on your TV.
Step 4: Select The Cast Option
- In Google Chrome, pick Cast from the three-dot menu in the top-right corner of the screen. The Cast placement varies in various apps but is typically represented by an icon of a TV with three curved lines at the bottom-left corner.
- Start watching the Netflix program or movie you wish to cast, then pause the stream to see the controls. The Cast symbol can be seen at the top or bottom of the feed.
Step 5: Select The Option What You Want To Cast
If you’re using Google Chrome, you can cast few different ways.
- Cast the current browser tab. Since this is the default choice, move on to the next section now.
- Cast your entire screen. Select Cast desktop from the drop-down menu next to Cast to.
- Cast a music or audio file. Click the down arrow next to cast to. Select the Cast file, and then select the desired file.
Step 6: Select Your Smart TV From The List
Once chosen, your Smart TV will display the active app, stream, file, or website.
Step 7: Stop Casting To Your TV
You should unplug your PC from the TV once you’re done.
- Google Chrome: Select Stop casting from the three-dot menu in the top-right corner.
- Other Apps: Pause the stream to display the icon list, then click Cast to detach from the other apps.
How To Connect Your Laptop To Your Smart TV Via HDMI?
Using an HDMI connection is among the safest (and simplest) ways to link your laptop and TV. Video and audio signals are transmitted between two devices using an HDMI cable. It makes no difference which HDMI cable goes into the TV or the laptop because they are identical on both ends. Here is how to do it.
- Connect the HDMI cable’s one end to your laptop’s HDMI output.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to one of your TV’s HDMI inputs
- Choose the input corresponding to the location of the cable using the remote control (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3, etc.).
Better picture quality and less lag time are guaranteed with a connected connection between your laptop and TV.
Conclusion On How To Connect Your Laptop To Your Smart TV
Connecting your laptop to your smart TV can be done in several ways, as described above. However, because the immediate connection is enabled, using an HDMI cable is the most dependable solution. Make sure your laptop and the Smart TV are linked to the HDMI cable’s other end.
So I hope that I’ve helped you out with the query “How can I connect my laptop to my tv?” If you still have any questions or concerns after reading this entire tutorial, post them in the comments and I’ll answer them. Feel free to contact TECHYUGA.