This will only take a few minutes to clear Facebook search history on computer, mobile or on desktop. So let’s continue the process.
- If you want to get the answer to How to delete Facebook Search History or view it. then we are here with easy steps to clear Facebook search history on computer or mobile, it is cluttered or if you want to continue with your protection and data privacy.
- Facebook gives you two options to clear your search history either all at once or delete one by one search terms.
- Facebook allows you to clear your history on both the device that is computer or mobile with easy taps or few clicks.
How to Delete Facebook Search History:
Remember that time you did a Facebook search of your partner’s ex? And before that, when you had a huge crush on your sweetie, you’d check his or her profile page slightly too often. Oh, and recall that other time when you had too much wine and looked up The One That Got Away? Facebook does.
Whenever you search for something on Facebook, your search terms get stored in your Activity Log. Here’s how to How to Clear Facebook Search History? or view it.
The Activity Log is only viewable by you, but if you want to erase any of your old searches for whatever reason—or even if you just want to view them (to find something you forgot)—it’s really easy to find!
How to Clear Facebook Search History on Computer:
Your Facbook’s activity log allows you to search a list of things on Facebook according to your preferences. So Here I am explaining a step by step guide about How to delete Facebook search history on computer or any mobile.
1. Go to your profile:
2. Click the “Activity log” option that is at the bottom right of your cover photo under the three dots.
3. Your activity log is a list of your posts and all Facebook activity, including your search history. There is also a filter option at the right top corner.
4. Next, click on the “Filter” option on the right-hand menu.” Within this Filter option you can filter your searches according to the year and month.
5. After putting the filter of year and month you should choose the search history and click on save changes.
6. You can now view your Facebook categories with a clear all option at the left bottom. To get rid of it, simply click “Clear all.” or You can choose one by one by clicking the categories and then clean.
7. Your Facebook search history is now a clean slate and there is nothing to show.
How to Clear Facebook Search History On Android Mobile Device?
1. Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or Android device.
2. First, open the Facebook app on your android or iPhone and go to your Facebook profile.
3. Then click or tap on the search icon that is at the top right corner of your profile page. Just below the search bar there is a recent search option.
4. Then click on the edit option that is Just beside the recent search. Then you will get the Activity Log and clear searches option.
5. You can click on the clear search option to instantly clean the history or tap the cross(X) icon next to each search to clear the specific item.
Most Important Question: How do I reset my search suggestions?
As you can see in comments Julian V. Jupiter asked, “I’ve done it. Yes, all searches have vanished and if I put cursor in the search bar of facebook, nothing appears on the dropdown. However, as soon as I start typing word, facebook is still displaying/autosuggesting searches I made before and deleted as instructed above. How do I completely delete them as if I just have a fresh Facebook account with no search yet at all?”
The answer is No, Unfortunately, We can’t really get rid of search suggestions on facebook. We tried contacting facebook asking the same question and this is what they said.
Search suggestions can’t be deleted, but your search history can. This Help Center FAQ will show you how to delete searches from your activity log-on to this Link. Both your search history and your activity on Facebook contribute to search suggestions, so deleting your search history may not remove certain suggestions from appearing. For any kind of assistance or other information visit Techyuga and must read the blogs.
We hope it helps.
If you are facing any device related problem then you can Live Chat With Us | Call 9088888835 | Book Your Repair Job Here.
Unlike Facebook, you can completely delete your google search history. To do that, Go HERE.
We’ve taken a quick look how in the simple walk through the gallery above. In the comments below, let us know if you plan to delete your Facebook search history, or if you find it useful.
Make sure to share this stuff:
13 AWESOME FACEBOOK TIPS YOU SHOULD KNOW
I’ve done it. Yes, all searches have vanished and if I put cursor in the search bar of facebook, nothing appears on the dropdown. However, as soon as I start typing word, facebook is still displaying/autosuggesting searches I made before and deleted as instructed above. How do I completely delete them as if I just have a fresh Facebook account with no search yet at all?
Try to log out and login to your facebook account and check. If you still get auto-suggestions, let me know.
Hi dude,i already tried thousands time clearing my search history from activity log as you guided but the browser keep suggesting me the same pages@person even i only type an “a” on it.How to get totally rid of it?
It should not buddy. But i tried myself and i also got same suggestions. Just give me sometime. I will get back to you with a solution.
Still waiting on your feedback TechYuga, my FB browser still “remembers” my search even though ive deleted my activity log
Hello Marie, I have created a support ticket for you and one of our online account expert have sent you a response to your query. Please check your email.
Hi, I’m having the same problem as Marie : my search history still appears every time I click on the search bar. Any news on how to solve the problem ?
Extremely sorry Marie. We had sent you an e-mail. However, i will create a support ticket for you right now and you will get help by our online account experts within next 6 hours.
Still have the problem like Maria
Please help to solve
Please let me know if you figured this out for Maria
Search suggestions still pop up the name I’m trying to delete forever. Help. I’ve deleted search history many times.
I can’t get into my activity log on face book..everytime i click it it redirects me back to my profile instead
What does it mean when the search history shows that I’ve searched someone with exclamation marks but no name “”