WatchOS 9 is now available — Here’s how to download WatchOS 9 and install it on your Apple Watch.
Apple announced its new software at the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), which was inaugurated on June 6. We were given a chance to check out iOS 16, iPadOS 16, WatchOS 9, and macOS 13 or macOS Ventura from the firm. The latest Apple Watch update series 3 is a nightmare in 2021.
While the latest Apple Watch update series 3 is a nightmare in 2021, WatchOS 9 introduces a number of new features, including improved sleep tracking, a new app for monitoring prescription meds, new watch faces, AFib history, and advanced running metrics. Additionally, this program requires an Apple Watch model 4 or later in order to function. Furthermore, your iPhone must have iOS 16 installed.
Since this is the software developer build, we would like to inform you that there may be problems and bugs. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you avoid installing these builds on your leading hardware. Use your extra Apple Watch if you have one.
Before you install the latest WatchOS 9.0.2 On Your Apple Watch, let’s see what are the new features available In WatchOS 9.
Tips: If you are not confident about doing the job by yourself, you can contact Techyuga for an Apple Watch Repair.
New Features In WatchOS 9
Some of the latest features available in WatchOS 9 are as follows:
Apple releases watchOS 9.0.2 for the Apple Watch Ultra on October 10, 2022
Apple has made watchOS 9.0.2 available to users. The Apple WatchOS’s latest version resolves a number of problems impacting the Apple Watch Series 8(WatchOS 8), Apple Watch Ultra, and more:
- Spotify audio stream interruptions
- Snooze alarm notifications for AssistiveTouch users continue even after the alarm is deactivated.
- Incomplete Wallet and Fitness data synchronization for newly paired Apple Watch
- Many Apple Watch Series 8 and Ultra users experience audio from the microphone interruption
Apple releases watchOS 9.0.1 for the Apple Watch Ultra on September 22, 2022
A problem with audio distortion while using the speakers for phone conversations is fixed by the update, which is designed specifically for the Apple Watch Ultra. Your Apple Watch Ultra has been updated with improvements and bug fixes.
Apple launches watchOS 9 to everyone on September 12, 2022
While watchOS 9(opens in new tab) has been in beta testing since June, Apple has finally made the updated software available to all users., The Apple Watch’s fitness tracking features have seen the most significant update in years with watchOS 9, which finally places it among the best fitness trackers. Additionally, it needs to support the brand-new Low Power Mode, which you can activate to significantly extend the battery life of your best Apple Watch(opens in a new tab).
You can download and update the most recent software by following the instructions below if you have an Apple Watch Series 4 or later!
How To Download WatchOS 9 And Install It On Your Apple Watch?
Here is how to download and install WatchOS 9.0.2 on your apple watch. follow these instructions :
- Update iOS 15 or later on your iPhone.
- Connect Wi-Fi on your iPhone.
- Open the Watch app.
- Ensure that your Apple Watch is at least 50% charged and connect it to the magnetic charger.
- Select the My Watch tab.
- Then go to General > Software Update.
- Click Download and Install.
- Enter your iPhone’s passcode when requested.
- In the Terms and Conditions, Click on Agree.
- Select Proceed button to start the download.
- Enter your Apple Watch passcode.
Your Apple Watch will download and install the watchOS update before rebooting to activate it. Once it’s finished, you can check the status on your Apple Watch screen and you’ll be ready to go.
Apple Watch Update 2022: How To Speed Up?
If you’ve ever been frustrated by how long it takes to download and install an update for your Apple Watch, you should be aware that you might be able to speed up the procedure by turning off Bluetooth at the appropriate time. But I’d caution you against doing it by alone.
While it’s possible that the instructions below will work perfectly, timing issues could have a major negative impact on both your installation and your Apple Watch as a whole. You can use this strategy at your own risk if you’re sure in your ability to time everything perfectly.
After clicking Download and Install, follow these guidelines:
- Enter the passcode for your Apple Watch or iPhone when requested.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone after you’ve seen a time estimate for your watchOS download on the Software Update page.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Turn OFF the Bluetooth by tapping the switch until it is in the white “off” position.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- On the Software Update page’s popup, click Cancel. If everything was done correctly (again, not guaranteed), your iPhone will default to delivering the update through your home Wi-Fi network rather than Bluetooth.
- Again go to Settings on your iPhone after the Install option appears at the bottom of the Software Update page.
- Then select Bluetooth.
- Turn on Bluetooth by tapping the switch until it is in the green “on” position.
- Open the Watch app.
- Click Install.
How To Update Apple Watch Software Without iPhone?
Here is how to update Apple Watch without iPhone.
- Before updating, please make sure your Apple Watch is WiFi-connected.
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Go to General > Software Update
- Then, choose Install and follow the on-screen instructions to install any updates that are available.
Never restart your Apple Watch until the update is finished; instead, keep it plugged in to charge. After the update is finished, your Apple Watch will restart on its own.
Conclusion On How To Download And Install WatchOS 9 on Your Apple Watch
Keep in mind that watchOS 9 works only on Apple Watch Series 4 or later models. Also, the Apple Watch must have at least 50% battery and should be placed on a charger. Further, the Apple Watch needs to be in the range of the iPhone it is paired with.
Hopefully, I think this article was helpful for you. Keep in mind, You should avoid doing this, as it can seriously affect the update. However, If you are not confident about doing the job by yourself, you can contact Techyuga for an Apple Watch Repair.