Are your looking for how to incrase vram in you windows pc or laptop.In this artilce we are going to show you How to Increase VRAM on your Windows PC.For better graphic and video and gaming experience we must incasre our VRAM in our windows 10 or eariler system .
How to Increase VRAM on your Windows PC
You can increase vram in many way in windows pc or laptop. In this tutorial, We are going to show you step by step of How to Increase VRAM on your Windows PC. We will show increase VRAM both via registry editor and BIOS and UEFI .Before stating the tutorial we need learn some things about vram.
What is Vram In Windows Pc or Laptop?
VRAM is a type of memory used to store the video data generated by the graphics card and displayed on the screen. As you might have guessed, the more VRAM you have in your system, the more video data you can store.VRAM is a type of memory used to store the video data generated by the graphics card and displayed on the screen. As you might have guessed, the more VRAM you have in your system, the more video data you can store.
Vram is important for high-resolution video display. Most modern games or high-res video. VRAM is just like a buffer for video intense job on windows pc or laptop.
Step by Step How to Increase VRAM In Windows Pc
- Increase VRAM Using the BIOS/UEFI
- Increase VRAM Using the Windows Registry Editor
Increase VRAM Using the BIOS/UEFI
In this tutorial How to Increase VRAM on your Windows PC, we are going to show you how to Increase VRAM using Bios/UEFI of windows 10 or later version. All bios are different manufacturers or brands. The process is the same but the option is different in or the location of the option is different.
- Go to Bios/UEFI setup screen.
- Search for menu “advanced feature or advanced chipset”.
- Video settings
- VGA Shared Memory or VRAM size
- You can change the size from 128mb to 1024 Mb depending on your ram size.
- For example, if you have 1gb ram then you must select 128mb.
Increase VRAM Using the Windows Registry Editor
Int this step we are going to show you step by step How to increase VRAM In Windows pc via Windows Registry Editor.
- Press Windows + R
- Type Regedit and hit enter
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel
- The important thing to remember In case you are using AMD Processor then you will find AMD, not Intel.
- Right-click on the Intel or AMD folder and select New > Key. Name it GMM.
- Select the new GMM folder and right-click in the right Windows pane.
- Name it DedicatedSegmentSize and give it a (Decimal) value equalling the amount of VRAM.
- If you have 16GB, 2024mb(2gb) would be a better selection.
- Restart Your System. This is step of “How to Increase VRAM on your Windows PC With Registry Editor”.
How to check your Vram if it is increased or not ?
- Step 1 Go to the Windows Settings menu by pressing Windows key+I.
- Select Display adapter properties.
- In the next step, you find how much-dedicated VRAM is available.
Hope You like the article How to Increase VRAM on your Windows PC. If you are not sure you have a dedicated GPU( graphic card or GPU Chip) unit then don’t apply the steps. For that, you need have to consult Experts Like Us. During this, you encounter some blue screen error Like Kernel Security Check Failure in Windows 10. You Can apply to fix that issue.
Fore more Windows 10 or Windows Eroor Realted Problem Click here.