This article can be helpful when you need to know how to record a screen with sound on a mac for any purposes when media is being played back in a browser. You have a lot of options when it comes to how to record a screen on a mac with sound. The ability to record the screen and audio is actually integrated into the macOS operating system. Alternatively, you can use helpful third-party programs to open up more sophisticated screen recording features, edit your recordings, and share them with your team.
How To Record A Screen With Sound On A Mac?
Want to know more about how to record a screen and audio on Mac? The upcoming tools and built-in screen recorder apps will help you to record a screen video with sound.
- QuickTime Player
- Movavi Screen Recorder
- Open-source program
1. How To Record A Screen With Sound On A Mac Using QuickTime Player
Each free version of Mac OS comes with QuickTime. You’ve probably used QuickTime at some point whether you own a MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, or another Mac computer model. Although the app has a screen recording feature, it has a very major drawback. QuickTime’s screen capture feature does not automatically record any audio from your computer’s standard output. Fortunately, it needs third-party software. An open-source system extension for macOS called Soundflower enables audio to be sent between programs. Let’s look at how to use QuickTime to record Mac’s screen with audio.
Step 1. Download and Install the Soundflower software
- The first step is to download Soundflower 1.6.6b.
- Locate the installer. Most likely, it’s in your Downloads folder.
- Launch the installer’s DMG file (the one you just downloaded)
- Double-click the Soundflower package installer to launch it, then follow the on-screen instructions. If the machine has to be restarted, please do so.
However, if you are having difficulties while installing software in your mac, you can contact professionals for your service. Techyuga is the one-stop solution for all MacBook issues. Contact us for MacBook repair and MacBook Service.
Get MacBook Service In India
Step 2. Change your audio output device
- Go to Systems Preferences
- And click Sound
- Click on the Output tab to bring up a list of available sound output devices.
- As you can see, Soundflower has been added to that list and now has two entries: Soundflower (2 ch) and Soundflower (64 ch). For more advanced tasks, choose the 64-channel version. Set your output to 2 channel version.
Step 3. Adjust the Settings
- Open the QuickTime app and go to the File menu.
- Click on New Screen Recording.
- Look for Options on the right side of the window. Click on that and make sure that your Microphone is set to Soundflower (2ch).
Step 4. Record the video
- Click the Record button in the QuickTime menu to start recording.
- You might be prompted by a dialogue box to allow QuickTime access to the microphone. Agree with that. The record button might need to be pressed once more after that.
Step 5. Reset your audio output device
- After the recording was done, press the Stop button
- Go to System preferences > Sound > Options
- In the Options tab, set the sound output device back to the default value.
2) How To Record A screen With Sound On A Mac Using Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi Screen Recorder is a simpler application for Mac screen recording with audio. You can comment on your video as it is being recorded using sketching tools. You will gain from Movavi’s SuperSpeed tool, which significantly speeds up the encoding process when you export your video. Let’s look at how to use Movavi Screen Recorder to create a new screen recording with audio.
Step 1. Download and Install the Movavi Screen Recorder
- Download Movavi Screen Recorder from the website
- Install the app and follow the on-screen instructions
- Once you have finished installing the software, run it.
Once you have finished installing the software, run it.
- You’ll see a widget that allows you to control the recording process appear on your screen as soon as the software launches.
Step 2. Navigate to the program you want to record
If you launch the software you want to record, make sure that no other application windows will block your view of it while you are recording your video because Movavi Screen Recorder will record anything that is on your screen.
Step 3. Click the screen recording button
Look for the Screen Recording button, when you opened Movavi Screen Recorder. There are two icons.
- Picture of a movie camera icon for capturing video.
- icon of a still camera that can take static screenshots.
Step 4. Drag the box over the area you wish to record
After pressing one of the screen capture buttons, you want to click and drag over the box you’d like to record. Drag the window around if you only want to record one. Unless you’d rather have the entire video on your desktop, you can easily cover the entire screen.
Step 5. Set audio and display options
When you’re finished positioning the box where you want it, appears an additional set of controls pops up.
- One will be a red record button
- The other two buttons are Microphone and Speaker icons
This will determine whether the video includes the internal sound or external audio that was recorded using the microphone. Set each of those to suit your requirements.
There are various features in Movavi Screen Recorder that make some screencasts simpler for viewers to follow. You may use it to display any keystrokes you make while you’re recording the video as well as the location of the mouse cursor when you move it around and when the mouse clicks. All of these options are located in the options box, which is close to the button that says Record.
There are various features in Movavi Screen Recorder that make some screencasts simpler for viewers to follow. You may use it to display any keystrokes you make while you’re recording the video as well as the location of the mouse cursor when you move it around and when the mouse clicks. All of these options are located in the options box, which is close to the button that says “Record.”
Step 6. Record the video
- Press the Record button to capture your screen with audio on your Mac.
- You will see a countdown timer that will indicate when the recording will begin. Perform the actions you want to be recorded once the recording has begun.
- Until you click the Stop button in the Movavi Screen Recorder interface, the recording will continue.
3) How To Record A Screen With Sound On a Mac Using OBS
Another Mac screen recorder with audio is OBS Studio. It has a lot of amazing tools for blending and integrating sources to create a professional image, making it a very strong solution for streaming video broadcasting. We’ll now look at how to use OBS to record a video.
Step 1. Download the program
- Go to the OBS website, and select the version for macOS
- Open the installation file, and then follow the on-screen directions to complete the installation.
- Launch the app once it has been installed and start recording.
Step 2. Create a new profile
Switching between various recording configurations is made simple by creating an OBS profile. It is a good idea to make a profile for each screencast you make if you find that you wish to make little or major changes to how they are presented and recorded. Here is how to create a profile:
- Go to the Menu bar and click on Profile
- Then click on New and assign a descriptive name to your new profile. Until you switch to another profile, any changes you make will be preserved to this one.
Step 3. Create a scene collection
Similar to how you’ll probably want different profiles for multiple video types, you’ll probably want a different set of scenes. Let’s now create a fresh scene collection.
- Go to the Menu bar
- And click on Scene collection
- Then click on New
- Enter a name to your scene collection and click OK
Step 4. Add images
This is an optional step. You can drag and drop a picture straight onto your canvas to add it for use as a background or display element of some sort. It can be moved about and resized once it’s on the canvas. By clicking the eye icon next to it in the Sources tab, you can reveal or conceal sources of all kinds. If your image first obscures everything else when you load it, this will be useful.
Step 4. Configure your settings
Any sort of source can be added by selecting it from the pop-up menu that displays when you click the + sign in the Sources tab. You only need to be aware that adding a Display Capture source allows you to record your screen. Similar to adding video sources, you may also add audio sources. A mixer will appear when you add an audio source to the window.
- Click on the Controls menu on the bottom right of the screen.
- You’ll see a Settings button, here you can adjust various recording parameters
Step 6. Record the video
- Go to the Controls menu and click the Start Recording button to start recording your video
- Then click the Stop Recording button while you finish the record.
4) How To Record A Screen With Sound On A Mac Using ScreenCapture
ScreenCapture is a simple online tool, you can record your screen with audio without installing anything. You can just access the website, set the capture parameters, and begin recording. The final video file is saved in MP4 format. This too is supported in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Opera. Here is how you record your screen on mac with sound using ScreenCapture.
Step 1. Open the website
- Go to this Screencapture link to open the website
Step 2. Set the capture parameters
- Click Sound, to enable system sound capture. Additionally, you have the option of recording your webcam and microphone.
Step 3. Start recording
- Click Start Recording, and select the preferred screen capture option
Step 4. Save the video
- Click Stop Recording, once you’ve finished.
- To save the file to your PC, click Download.
5) How To Record A Screen With Sound On A Mac Using Hotkeys
Does Mac have a built-in screen recording feature? The answer could be YES. You can utilize hotkeys for screen recording on iOS Mojave and later. Let’s look at some Mac shortcuts for screen recording with audio.
Step 1. Open the toolbar
You must first access the recording toolbar. Follow the step to open the toolbar
- Press and hold the Command + Shift + 5 keys
Step 2. Specify the settings
To specify the recording settings,
- Select Options and choose your Audio/Microphone, Save to preferences.
Step 3. Select the recording area
- Choose Record Entire Screen, and the recording will start right away.
- Alternately, select Record Selected Portion, pick the region you want to record, and click Record.
Step 4. Finish recording
To finish our recording screen,
- Select the Stop button
- Or press Command + Control + Esc.
There are many other screen recording and video editing software in the market with the help of which you can record screens with sound on mac as well as edit them professionally.
The most crucial factors to take into account while selecting a screen recording tool are listed below:
- Features. What you want to do with your recordings will determine the best screen-recording program for you. For instance, any screen capture program should work fine if your goal is to record what happens on your screen. When choosing your program, keep those characteristics in mind if you require editing or streaming tools.
- Ease of use. While some apps are simple to use, others are more advanced and require training. In accordance with your level of experience, choose a screen recorder.
- OS. Choose a screen recorder that is appropriate for the operating system you intend to use (Windows, Mac, etc.).
- Reviews. Before purchasing a program, read user reviews and articles from reputable blogs or magazines to find out how well it works.
- Customer support. Look for a product that has simple access to customer assistance so that you can address any potential software issues during the recording promptly.
Conclusion On ” How To Record A Screen With Sound On A mac”
Maybe you’re a professional who needs to capture your screen for a presentation at work, a software developer generating a how-to video or just someone who wants to upload a helpful video clip to YouTube.
Hope this guide has helped you while recording your MacBook Screen with sound. If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comment section below. I will be happy to respond.