Are you looking for How to Save Files in TXT Format in TextEdit on Mac? Don’t Know how to do it. We will guide step by step in the process so you can save files as plain TXT format in mac. TextEdit on the mac is the default editor in Mac Os. It is one of the best text editor available in the mac ecosystem. But The problem is you are a notable save the file in TXT format. in this tutorial we are going t show you step by step How to Save Files in TXT Format on Mac. Lets begins
How to Save Files in TXT Format in TextEdit on Mac
Before starting our tuotrila on How to Save Files in TXT Format in Mac Os . Lets laern someting about TextEdit.
What is TextEdit In Mac?
TextEdit is defaut text editor in mac os. You can use TextEditor covert rich text document to other format or You can write or edit HTML language. Want to learn more about text ediotr.
One of the most critical things about TextEdit that it can’t let users save file format as .txt. In this tutorial, we are going to show you ” How you can save the file as a TXT file in mac using TextEdit.
How to Save Files in TXT Format in TextEdit on Mac Step By Step
TextEditor has some hidden feature that let you unlock some cool features. One the feature let you save file as TXT format.
- Launch TextEdit, and go to “TextEdit -> Preferences“, or press “command + ,“.
- Now select the Open and Save” tab.
- We need to change two things here,
- First, check the checkbox next to “Add .txt extension to plain text files“;
- second, change the “Saving files” encoding to “UTF-8“.
- Once all settings are checked and save now we can save files in TXT format in TextEdit on Mac.
Now we need check if the sytem work or not .
For super fast operation Learn 25 Essential Keyboard Shortcuts for PC and MAC !
- Open TextEdit, and create a New Document.
- Type some document
- Now Save the file “File -> Save“, or press “command + S“
- We need to save as plain text Inbox you will find “
- Now Save our File as plain Txt Format.
IF applying those steps correctly you will successfully enable the option. Now you can Save Files in TXT Format in TextEdit on Mac. You can easily transfer those text files to any other os so they can open easily. Hope you like the article on How to Save Files in TXT Format in TextEdit on Mac.