Skype Translator has finally been released to the public allowing Windows users to hold voice-to-voice conversations with people who speak a different language and hear it translated in real-time. Here is how to set up and use Skype Translator.
According to the Skype team, the software can interpret seven different languages, with French to English translation being the most popular so far. In addition, Skype has also incorporated a text-to-text translator that can translate more than 50 languages.
Skype Translator relies on machine learning, which means that the more the technology is used, the smarter it gets,” the team wrote when the Skype Translator preview first launched.
Language supported by Skype for text-to-text conversation:
|Bosnian (Latin)||Estonian||Indonesian||Maltese||Slovak||Yucatec Maya|
|Croatian||Haitian Creole||Klingon (plqaD)||Queretaro Otomi||Turkish|
|Dutch||Hmong Daw||Lithuanian||Serbian (Cyrillic)||Vietnamese|
Language supported by Skype for Voice conversation:
Source: Skype FAQ
How to Use Skype Translator On Computer:
1. You must own and use a Windows device or computer
2. Check that you have the latest version of Skype installed
3. Select a contact
4. Select the Globe icon (as seen in the photo).
4. Turn the translator on and From the drop-down menu, choose the language for translation.
5. That’s it. You are done.
How to Use Skype Translator on Mobile Device
1. First, open skype on your Android or iPhone
2. Then click on the Account icon option and then you can see the rundown of account options.
3. Then click on Settings and then General
4. Click on Translational settings and Select your language by clicking on Spoken language.
5. Now you can choose your language.
6. After that choose the contact and open their profile with whom you want to do the translated conversation.
7. Then tap on the Send translation request by scrolling down the Translate conversation option.
8. Then the person you send the request will receive the notice about your translated conversation request and they click on Accept to start.
9. Then the translation enabled under Translate Conversation.
When you receive any voice in another language from yours then skype will change the voice in your chosen language and also the transcript will show it in your language. Sometimes it was done by using Skype Translator Tool and the others.
According to the Skype Translator team, the best way to understand translations is to wear headphones. When speaking, remember to enunciate well, speaking clearly. A video clip released by Microsoft using Skype Translator for How to Set Up Skype Translator can be seen below.
Note: If you are looking for Device Repair Anywhere In India, you can get help from Techyuga.
I hope it helps. If you need any help setting up skype and enable the translator, you may contact our support team and get support for FREE.