How To Use iPhone XHow to unlock your iPhone X ?
The first thing you notice there is no Home button So how do you unlock the device.
The iPhone X hasn’t got Touch ID, because the fingerprint scanner used to sit in the Home button and Apple decided not to move it to the back of the device or embed it in the screen. Instead of Touch ID, we get Face ID.
Step by Step iPhone X unlock, you just need to lift the device up and look at it – by default you need to make eye contact, a deliberate feature designed to stop people being able to unlock your phone when you’re asleep or unconscious. It should unlock near instantly.
Note that this won’t automatically take you to the Home screen, it will just unlock the device – noticeable by the padlock icon changing at the top of the screen. You then need to swipe up from the bottom, or activate one of the other features available from the lock screen (such as the camera).
What is Face ID?
Apple describes Face ID as “the future of how we will unlock our smartphones and protect our sensitive information”.
The reason why it’s exclusive to the iPhone X? It’s due to the sheer amount of tech crammed into the front-facing camera at the top of the edge-to-edge display.
The area at the top of the iPhone X display, also known as the notch, is dubbed the True-depth camera system by Apple. It’s comprised of several components: a flood illuminator, IR camera and a dot projector alongside the standard elements proximity sensor, front camera, speaker, etc to provide one of the most sophisticated facial recognition systems available at the moment.How to setup Face ID .
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode and enter your passcode.
- Tap ‘Enrol Face’ in the Face ID section.
- Tap ‘Get Started’ and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Position your face in the onscreen frame, and move your head around slowly so it can be properly scanned.
- Wait while Face ID scans your face twice. If there are any gaps around the edge of the circle that aren’t green Face ID is indicating that it needs to scan that area of your face again.
- When Face ID is finished, tap Done.
- After setting up Face ID you will need to create a passcode if you haven’t already got one. Make sure that it’s a good one as the iPhone is only secure if nobody can guess your passcode.
Face ID Not working .
- Face ID won’t work if your battery life is below 10%.
- You may have just restarted your iPhone (you will always be required to enter your passcode the first time you unlock the phone after a reset).
- If you if you haven’t unlocked your iPhone in 48 hours you will need to enter your passcode.
- If you haven’t used a passcode in the last six and a half days and Face ID hasn’t unlocked the device in the last 4 hours you will be required to use a passcode.
- If you or someone else have used Find My iPhone to lock your iPhone you won’t be able to unlock it with Face ID.
- If you use Emergency SOS by pressing and holding the volume button and the side button simultaneously for 2 seconds the iPhone X won’t unlock with Face ID.
How to access Control Center
Talking of Control Center, that’s now activated by swiping down from the top-right corner of the screen.You may not like the notch at the top of the display, but it does have the advantage, interface-wise, of effectively turning the top edge into two separate gesture-sensitive sections. And the top-left edge is used for something else.How to access Notifications Center
Swipe down from the top-left edge to bring up the Notifications Center.
How to switch from one app to another
As usual you can go back to the Home screen, find the app icon and tap to open it, but you’ll be wanting to know the equivalent of the old double-press on the Home button, which used to bring up the app switcher.Step by Step iPhone X app switch.
Swipe up from the bottom of the screen on the little bar, just as you do to go back to the Home screen, but this time hold your thumb or fingertip on the screen for a moment or two, until the app switcher appears. You can now swipe left or right to scroll through your recently opened apps, then tap one to open it.
If you don’t want to bother with the app switcher and just want to jump back to the previous app, you can swipe across the bar at the bottom of the screen. Some early users have found it easiest to do a little semi-circle gesture up, across and then down, but experiment to find what’s best and most effective for you.How to take screenshots.
You can’t take a screenshot on your iPhone X by pressing the Home and power buttons at the same time, because you’ve not got a Home button. Instead you now press the volume up button and power/side button simultaneously.
The screen will flash white and, thanks to iOS 11’s new screenshot feature, you’ll see a small thumbnail of your screenshot at the bottom left. You can tap this to add annotations or share it, swipe left to make it disappear or just wait for it to go away.
How to turn off an iPhone X
You turn off most iPhones by holding down the side button until the power-off slider appears. But, as previously explained, on the iPhone X that activates Siri.
Instead, you should press and hold both the side button and the volume button. Again, hold them own until the power-off slider appears, then swipe across it to turn off the phone.
How to force-restart an iPhone X
Force-restarting (or hard-rebooting) an iPhone X is a bit of a pain, requiring you to press all three of its buttons in the correct sequence and reasonably quickly.
You need to press (and release) the volume up button, then press and release the volume down button. Finally, press and hold the side button – do so until the Apple badge appears.
How to activate Reachability
When Apple first debuted its big-screen iPhones it worried that people wouldn’t be able to reach the whole of the touchscreen display with their thumbs while holding the device, so it introduced a new Reachability feature, which brought the whole screen image down when you double-touched (not pressed) the Home button. There’s no Home button now, but the screen is bigger than ever, so how does Reachability work?
It’s now activated by swiping down at the very bottom of the screen. If you’re worried that this will be activated accidentally while using apps, it can be turned off (or on) in Settings, under Accessibility.
How to use Animoji on iPhone XAnimoji is one of the standout new features of the iPhone X – available only on the iPhone X for now, at least. If you’d like to find out how to send these fun animations that mimic your facial expressions.
The most excitement on the iPhone X is Animoji – animated emojis of various animals including a rabbit, monkey, cat, dog, fox, pig, panda, chicken, and a unicorn, as well as poo, alien, and a robot.
How to record an Animoji
If you have an iPhone X all you need to record an Animoji is a face and the Messages app.
- Open Messages.
- Add the recipient details in the To field.
- Tap the icon for Apps (the A beside the text input bar).
- Choose the monkey icon from the collection of icons at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll through the Animoji options on the left until you find one you like (this can be changed later if you change your mind).
- To see the animoji slightly larger you can tap on the up arrow just below the iMessage field and the Animoji section will move up to fill the screen.
- Hold up the phone and look straight at it – if your face isn’t in view you will see a yellow box – position your phone so your face is in line with the box.
- Notice how the character mirrors the movement of your head, mouth and face.
- To record your message (with audio) press the red button.
- You can record for up to 10 seconds (if you want to record a longer message you’d need to stitch a number of clips together in an app like iMovie).
- Press the red square to stop the recording.
- You can play back the recording before you send it, if you don’t like what you record you can delete it by tapping on the trash icon.
- To listen to the recording again tap on the curved arrow.
- If you want to see how your recording looks with another Animoji just select one and the recording will replay with that Animoji. You can actually switch throughto a different Animoji character by swiping sideways on the recording.
- Once you are ready to send tap on the up arrow or just tap on the Animoji.
- By default audio will be off, to turn on audio, tap on the speaker icon (your recipient will have to do the same).
How to send a Animoji sticker
You don’t have to send a recording, you can just send an Animoji sticker (essentially a photo of you as an animoji)
- As above, open Messages and add the recipient details in the To field.
- Tap the icon for Apps (the A beside the text input bar) and choose the monkey icon from the collection of icons at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose an Animoji.
- Look at the iPhone X and pull a face that represents how you feel.
- Touch the Animoi until it flickers and then unsticks.
- Hold the Animoji and drag it up into the message field.
- This will automatically send the Animoji sticker to the recipient.
I hope, above article will help you to know How to use iPhone X. For More complete tech tips you can check our blogs
Note: iPhone X is a delicate device so please whatever you do if you use it carefully.