Specification of HTC Desire 816
|Network||GSM / HSPA / LTE|
|Body||65 g (5.82 oz)|
|Display||720 x 1280 pixels, 16:9 ratio | 16M colors|
|OS||Android 4.4.2 (KitKat), upgradable to 6.0 (Marshmallow)|
|Chipset||Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400|
|CPU||Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A7|
|MEMORY||8 GB, Expandable Up to 256 GB|
|CAMERA||13 MP (f/2.2, 28mm) | 5 MP, f/2.8,|
|SOUND||Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones,3.5mm jack|
|Sensors||Accelerator, proximity, compass|
|BATTERY||Non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery|
HTC Desire 816 Common Problems & Solutions
Power button gets stuck or stop working issue-
We have seen many users’ complain about the power button getting stuck within the body of the HTC Desire 816 phone or become unresponsive. And a notification of “To restart your device, press the power button and volume up key,” comes which isn’t possible. Some users have also faced that the power button feels loose, and doesn’t work, even when it doesn’t get stuck.
- Tragically, this is an instance of broken or damaged hardware, so the best answer is get a substitute if conceivable.
- To avoid confronting this issue, you can have a go at utilizing a flip cover with an auto wakeful element. The show will naturally turn on when you open the fold, and you will abstain from utilizing the power switch to such an extent.
- The best solution in this situation is to go to your nearest HTC service center or feel free to contact us.
Display is not turning on or Black/Dead Screen Issue-
Sometimes many HTC desire user have seen that unresponsive or dead screen issue. Sometimes it is also seen that the music player is working but the screen doesn’t lighten up. It can happen due to the very low brightness issue or some minor problem in OS.
- If the problem is minor then it can be resolved through reboot only.
- If it is not solved after that then there may be issue in your phone’s motherboard. For that you need the help of a technician
Not Enough Storage Space Issue-
Being a mid-extend gadget, the Desire 816 offers just 8 GB of ROM of which just around 4 GB is accessible to the client. Obviously, expandable capacity up to 128 GB is accessible, yet not all applications can be moved to the microSD card, and you may wind up coming up short on space effectively.
- The gadget accompanies a Storage Wizard, that lets you uninstall applications that you haven’t utilized as a part of a while, and erase documents that you never again require or have moved down. You can discover this by going into Settings – Storage – Make more space.
- Some outsider applications can be moved from the telephone storage to the capacity card. Go to Settings – Apps – On SD card, to see which applications can be moved. To move, tap an application, and after that tap Move.
- Go down records, photographs, and recordings to your PC or to the cloud and keep just the current and more imperative reports on the gadget. You get 50 GB of free storage on Google Drive for a long time with the Desire 816, which is likewise useful.
If the problem is major you can also contact HTC Support .
Battery Not Charging Issue-
That issue can happen due to faulty charger issue or faulty battery of the phone. Sometimes the charger port gets damaged. Battery damage happen due to overcharging of the battery also. The temperature of the device also affect the battery.
Solution- If the problem is minor then it can be resolved by just rebooting your phone. If the issue is in OS then you can find that your battery will start taking charge but if the problem is kind of those mentioned above then it you need technical help. Feel free to contact us anytime.
- Overheating Problem-
A few clients have grumbled about the gadget overheat awkwardly warm, when the display is not off for sometimes, or when a processor concentrated apps or games isn’t running.
- Remove all background apps that aren’t in use, and make sure that the auto-sync feature of some apps is also turned off. To do so, go into Settings – Applications and then choose the app and disable auto sync.
- Reboot the device in Safe Mode and if the issue doesn’t occur then, an application is the culprit. Make sure that all the apps are up to date, and you can also try clearing the app cache. Then, you can uninstall apps that you’ve recently downloaded, or do a Factory Reset and start over.
- If the phone heats up frequently and with out any particular reason, such as when the display is off, or you’re not doing anything that is processor intensive, it it might be broken hardware, and it’s best to choose a replacement.
Speaker And Headphone Related Problem
Headphone audio output is not happening-
Headphone jack is goes out of work due to two reason faulty driver or water goes in to the headphone port.
You’ve plugged in your headphones, but the jack is a bit loose. A faulty driver can be caused by the wear and tear of reinserting the headphones into the jack. You must replace the driver by disassembling the phone by a good technician.
If water goes into the headphone port then you can face this kind of issue. Put your phone into rice bag for one night. It will observe the water and solve the issue.
Volume button stuck does not work Issue-
You try changing the volume, but the button stays pressed down causing the audio to stay really loud or on silent. A physically broken button or gunk build up are both possible causes to this problem. You can remove some gunk build up by blowing air around buttons, or by using a toothpick like object to scrape around the button. If that does not seem to help and the button is in fact broken, you then need to replace the button.
On the off chance that a blunder code flies up in the wake of opening the camera application, we suggest finishing off the application and afterward opening it move down. On the off chance that that does not work, at that point restart the cell gadget by holding down the power catch, kill, and after that hold the power catch to fail. If all else fails , we propose sparing all data on the gadget to a PC and processing plant resetting.
Basic Solution of the common Problem Solution-
- Reboot your device in safe mode to know if third-party apps have something to do with the problem. In so doing, all third-party apps and services will be temporarily disabled and this immediately isolates the problem.
- If the phone is frozen and becomes unresponsive then try to attempt the Forced reboot or soft reset procedure, which will perform the simulated battery disconnect.
- We can suggest that you should delete all the system caches so that they’ll be replaced with new ones as they often get corrupted especially during firmware updates. You can do this by only booting your phone in Recovery mode and wipe the cache partition.
- If everything fails, it’s better to just backup your files and data and then do the Factory reset. This procedure will bring your phone back to its factory default settings while deleting every third-party files, data, apps, etc.
- It would be better if you do the Master reset, which, aside from bringing your phone back to its factory defaults, formats both the cache and data partitions and thoroughly delete possible corrupt system caches, files and data.