For Some time Apple has been facing tremendous pressure slowing down iPhone battery life . Ever since it admitted to intentionally slowing down older iPhone models and it has seen alarming criticism for keeping this quiet for so long. This controversial battery management feature that Apple introduced a couple of years ago limits performance iPhone battery life now they will introduce new battery health feature in iOS11.3. Here is how to optimize your iPhone and improve iphone battery life given by our experts.
Tips To Improve iPhone Battery Life
Despite the outrage, Apple has refused to remove the feature. However, with iOS 11.3, it will introduce a Battery Health feature that will provide users with more information about their iPhones battery. Apple said that it will give users the option to disable power management after an unexpected shutdown first occurs.
After the incident Apple has slashed the cost of iPhone battery replacements, but it doesn’t solve all the problems. iPhone users still have to deal with intense battery drain issues that crop up with new iOS updates. Apple has provided tips on how users can maximize iPhone battery life . Most of these tips are already been known for long time.
Here Are 30 Useful Tips Given By Our Experts To Improve iPhone Battery life
1. The first and most important advice Apple always gives its users is to stay up-to-date on their latest software update. The company says that its updates often include advanced energy saving technologies to increase iPhone battery life. This is debatable though as a lot of users have complained about battery drain issues.
2. The next tip is to avoid exposing the iPhone extreme ambient temperatures. Apple says that most of its products work best at temperatures between 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C). Anything above or below that could permanently damage iPhone battery life as suggested by apple official website.
3. Many believe that it’s better to keep the phone fully charged for better iPhone battery life. However, Apple says that it’s best to keep the phone charged at around 50 per cent as storing it at full charge can reduce battery capacity.
4. On The flip side storing a phone with the battery completely drained lower iPhone battery life.
5. A simple way to increase help iPhone battery life is to adjust screen brightness Enabling auto-brightness will make sure you your phone doesn’t use up unnecessary battery make the screen bright always.
6. iPhone allow you to view your battery usage details to see which app has been using the most battery. You can also stop certain apps to refresh in the background to improve iPhone battery life.
7. A lot of apps like Google Maps and Uber Ola use location services for accurate tracking. This, however, also uses up a lot of battery. You can disable location services for all apps, or for selected apps in Settings. You can also restrict certain apps from using location services to increase iPhone battery life.
8.Using Wi-Fi uses less battery compared to cellular network. So try to use Wi-Fi as much as possible to increase the iPhone battery life.
9.Uninstall unnecessary app which you are not using for while or restrict the background app refresh to increase iPhone battery life.
10.The upcoming feature off the iOS update brings Battery Health (Beta) option under Settings > Battery. This new section will provide iPhone users more detail on battery capacity and peak performance capability. The first tells measures the percentage of your battery capacity compared to when it was new. The older it gets, the lower the percentage which means fewer hours of usage between charges. The second information tells you whether your battery is supporting normal peak performance or high peak performance.
11. Disable the Automatic update feature of your apps in your new versions of iPhone. Though it makes the process of updating your apps easy, it will consume a lot of battery. So it is better to disable the function to increase the iPhone battery life.
How to disable:- 1st- Go to Settings.
2nd- Select iTunes & App Store.
3rd- Go to the Automatic Downloads section.
4th- Move the slider of Update button to Off/white
12. In the updated versions of iOS you can able to block Advertising and Tracking Cookies in Safari. The advertising networks consume a lot of battery through its display and tack ads features. Using this may not save massive iPhone battery but it has some passive effect in boosting battery life as it will help your browser run faster and for that use less data and less battery also.
13. Turn on the Reduce Motion option to reduce battery usage. The background motion may look cool but it drains a lot of battery so to save your iPhone Battery life it is better to enable the Reduce Motion feature through these easy steps- 1. Go to Setting.
2. Select General.
3. Tap on Accessibility.
4. Move the slider of Reduce Motion to green.
14. Check that your Personal Hotspot is off while you are not using it. Most of the time people forget to turn off their hotspot after it’s use but it drains out a lot of battery and mobile data as well. So always make sure that you have turned off that feature.
15. In the updated versions of iOS there is a option called Battery Usage in Setting’s Battery section which will show you which app is killing much battery and there will be suggestion for how to resolve the problem.
16. From iOS8 you can enable to use dynamic or animated wallpaper for your iPhone but it also consume good amount of battery due to its dynamic features but if you are concern about your iPhone battery life then you must turn off this feature from Wallpaper and Backgrounds menu.
17. Make Sure that your Bluetooth connection is turned off as keeping Bluetooth on consume a lot of battery. You should only turned it on while using it.
18. In the iPhone you can set the feature which can automatically suck email and other data down to it. So turning Data Push Off will reduce the battery consumption and boost the iPhone Battery Life.
How to Turn off Push: Setting> Mail> Account> Fetch New Data> Push> Move slider off.
19. After reading this till now it is understandable very easily that if you connect your iPhone less with the network it will kill less Battery. Save the battery life by setting your phone to check your email accounts less often. The process of set this is to go to Setting> Mail> Account> Fetch New Data> Select your preference [the longer time gap between checks, the better for your battery life].
20. Keep the auto lock time as much less as you can. It will also improve iPhone battery life. The sooner the screen sleep the less it consumes battery. the process is also easy- Settings> Display & Brightness> Auto-Lock> Choose the preferred time (the shorter, the better).
21. Turn off Equalizer as it require extra battery to increase bass, decrease treble, etc of the music. You should not keep this on altime as it affect your iPhone battery life very badly. Just go to – Setting> Music > EQ > Turn Off.
22. From iPhone 5s all the upgraded sets have a fitness tracking in build feature which consume much battery. It should be turned off to save battery- Settings> Privacy> Motion & Fitness> Move the Fitness Tracking slider to Off/white.
23. You can save your battery life by turning on the Limit Ad Tracking. If you turn it on you will save your battery and improve iPhone battery life . Just go to the Setting> Privacy> Advertising> Limit Ad Tracking> Turn the slider green.
24. If you have a Mac running OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher and an iPhone running iOS 8 or higher then this is for you. Through this if both the devices are on the same WiFi then through Allows Calls on Other Devices feature you can use your Mac as an extended part of your iPhone through Phone’s cellular connection. But it consume a lot of battery too so its better to turn the feature off by going to Setting> Phone > Calls on Other Device> Allow Calls on Other Devices > Slide to turn off.
25. Turn the AirDrop feature off if it is not necessary. Through airdrop you can share files wire less way. It is a useful feature but it drains battery also so to conserve the battery of your iPhone turn it off while not required.
26. Don’t make it an automatic feature of uploading photos or files in i Cloud as it starts any time and consume heavy battery and to solve this problem you should do it manually so that only with in a fixed time your battery will run down not for the whole day. To do it manually you have to go to Setting> Photos & Camera > My Photo Stream > Turn the slider off.
27. In iOS 9, you are able to select the option to send data to iPhone developers. The settings get even more granular, with an option for iCloud analytics in iOS 10. This automatically uploading data process uses battery, so you should turn the feature off to save battery. how to do it? just go to Settings> Privacy > Analytics> Move the sliders to off/white.
28. To save battery this thing is very much useful and it is turning off the vibration mode as unneeded vibrations drains out a lot of battery. Turn it off from the sound option from
29. If you have real concern about saving your iPhone Battery Life then just turn the Low Battery Mode in the Battery section of Setting and you will find that it will turn off most of the power consuming features of your phone and you don’t need to turn them off one by one.
30. One need to understand the fact that quitting a app does not means that it is closed. It keeps running in the background which cause a lot of power consumption. And most of the people ignore that so their iPhone battery runs down faster. So it is important to clear the background app frequently.
31. You may have many apps in your iPhone and you get all the notification but also it will drain all a lot of battery. So to save the battery you should turn off the notifications of those apps which you don’t need urgently. Go to the Notification section of your settings and choose manually.
32. If you are not always listening or using Siri then you can turn the option “Hey Siri” off it will help to drain less battery and improve iPhone battery life. How to do this- Tap on Setting> General> Siri> Hey Siri> Turn the slider off.
33. And another option of saving battery is turning the Airplane mode on while not using the phone for a while it will save battery also.
34. Another important thing to improve iPhone battery life that all must take care of is while charging you will notice that your iPhone get heated which is due to some kind of iPhone cover and it affects the battery life directly. So if you notice that your phone is heating up while charging just remove the cover to improve iPhone battery life.
35. Running down your battery may cause due to how you use the phone also. If you use your iPhone more intensively then it will hamper the battery life like watching too much movie, gaming, browsing the web etc. So if you want to save battery you have to take care of this things.
These are some of the ways in which iPhone users can increase iPhone battery life . Many people will most probably be aware of these feature while some may find a few of them helpful to get those extra few hours of precious iPhone battery life.
For iPhone users, these tips could come in handy to increase battery life.
Watch our video tutorial on how to improve iPhone battery life.
I hope, above article will help you to know improve iPhone battery life.For More complete tech tips you can check our blogs
Your Search For iPhone Experts Ends Here
Get your iPhone fixed by Kolkata’s No 1 iPhone service center. We fix more iPhones then all the authorized service center combined (In kolkata). That too right in front of our customers. Looking for iPhone repairing in Kolkata? Call 9088888835 Or Live Chat Or Book A Technician.