Your Laptop turns on but no display on laptop is always a source of concern and even panic in some cases. This is an ultimate guide to resolving your computer turns on but no display. We’ve 8 solutions to go through your issue.
Fix Laptop Turns On But No Display On Laptop | Follow The Steps Below
Here I will discuss some of the tested methods, following which you can troubleshoot Your laptop without losing your data.
Laptop Screen Black But Still Running
My computer powers everything up, but only blinks and fans while it just is sitting in front of me. It had been working fine before it suddenly stopped working. I have checked all connections, but everything seems ok, so far. In fact, not many people don’t know to fix laptop turning on but display nothing. What should you do if you cannot find it on the monitor after you push the power button? Original: When you lack the physical and financial strategies to safeguard each one of your assets, then you’re potentially
Do not worry. Today, I will present you with a variety of resolutions that may aid you in getting rid of this terrible error screen. In this post, you will learn about the possible resolutions to this issue.
Solution 1: Recover Laptop Data At First
Use EaseUS bootable disk data recovery software to fix the laptop’s black screen without data loss. How do I fix a black screen on my HP laptop Windows 10? I think this workable solution may reveal your question. In the process of solving your issues, there might be a risk of data loss. So, if really care about your laptop data, try to back up your important files at the very early beginning.
We strongly recommend you the easiest storage data recovery solution – EaseUS bootable disk data recovery software to recover your lost data. If the OS cannot be run, or if the hard drive is corrupted, you can quickly recover the deleted data with the solution in its USB bootable drive.
Step 1: Create a bootable disk
- First, prepare an empty USB.
- Connect the USB flash drive to the computer, and launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard WinPE Edition. Select the USB drive and click the Create to create a bootable disk.
Step 2: Boot from the bootable USB
- If the bootable disk is the needed device then it is probable that any computer that is running a computer OS, including Windows, Linux, or macOS, will not boot up when the user inserts the disk. If the computer you are trying to fix won’t boot and you can press F2 to enter into BIOS.
- Press F10 to activate the boot menu.
Step 3: Recover data from a hard drive that won’t boot
- Select the drive you want to scan to find all your lost files.
- Click Scan to start the scanning process.
- After the scan completes, you can preview all recoverable files that, select the targeted files, and click Recover on the upper-right-hand corner of the window. Then, you can save all information to the data device to retrieve or restore them again and again.
Solution 2: Perform A Hard Reset
Even your laptop efforts can be hard reset or factory reset with no need to connect or plug into a computer when it has trouble starting up or malfunctioning. If you’ve no idea to do a hard reset, then try the below steps:
Perform A Hard Reset With Removable Battery
- Turn OFF your laptop
- Unplug any external power source and remove the battery
- Press and hold the power button or Start button for five to ten seconds to release any residual electrical charge
- Then reconnect the external power supply without reinstalling the battery.
- Press the power or Start button as you would normally to boot your laptop.
- When the Windows warning screen stating the Windows was not shut down normally appears, select the Start Windows Normally dialog if it is not already highlighted
- After the hard reset is performed, you should reconnect your battery
Perform A Hard Reset Without Removable battery
- Detach all the connections(such as printers, power, storage, and other peripherals)from your laptop
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to perform this task
- reconnect the power supply
- Press the power button as you would normally to boot your laptop
- Then continue steps 6 and 7 with a removable battery
Most probably, a hard reset may be the best troubleshooting guide to your laptop turns on but no display on laptop issue. If the problem still persists, try other solutions
Solution 3: Test Your Monitor
You should always use basic troubleshooting first before you attempt more complex or time-intensive procedures when your computer starts, but the screen is black.
It is likely that your computer is working fine, although it is possible that you might have a monitor problem. If not you might continue reading for other sources of solutions.
Solution 4: Reseat The Memory Modules
If a memory module is loose, it usually causes a laptop screen black but still running problem. So, reseating the memory modules might resolve your laptop screen’s black but still running issue. To do this:
- Turn OFF your laptop and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the case cover to access the memory
- Remove the memory modules from the memory slot
- Reinsert all the memory modules
- Verify that this laptop can start up and run on the windows operating system
Solution 5: Clear The BIOS Memory
Your computer problems might sometimes be caused by some BIOS misconfiguration. In this case, try repeating the boot process several times on your motherboard with the intention of restoring the configurations to default settings
If this solution solved your issue – Why is my laptop turning on but no display- make sure any future changes you make in BIOS are completed one data time so that when the problem returns, you’ll know which change caused this issue.
Solution 6: Reset Your PC
If your computer turns on but no display, you can refresh or rest your PC or laptop without affecting your personal files, apps, or any of your settings.
- Press Windows + L key on your keyboard
- Press and hold the Power +Shift key
- And click Restart in the lower right corner of the screen. Your PC will restart in Windows Recovery Environment(WinRE)
- From the options screen, choose Troubleshoot > Reset this PC, Click Next
Conclusion On How to Troubleshoot if My Laptop Turns On But No Display On Laptop
If your computer turns on but no display, don’t worry and try the solutions we have listed above to effectively fix your issue. If you have any other good solutions for this “Laptop turning on but displaying nothing” issue, please comment on them in the section below.
However, if you are not confident about doing the process by yourself, or the above method doesn’t work for you then you can contact TECHYUGA for all kinds of Laptop Servicing and Laptop Repair In India.