The Government of India has made it mandatory for every citizen of India to link their mobile phone number to Aadhaar card to re-verify your KYC details with your Aadhaar details. Before 2nd january 2018 the mobile subscriber has to go to a Airtel Service Provider and verify the biometric details by presenting there physically to link Aadhaar to Airtel Number. But government of India has taken a step forward to make the linking process easy for the mobile phone users. Though, if someone belongs to a different state and living to an another state then he/she need to visit the retailer for completion of the linking process. The Department of Telecommunication (DoT) has notified all Tele service providers to verify their customers Aadhaar details with in March 31, 2018. Airtel being leading telecom provider have already started providing services to their customers to link their Aadhaar details with the SIM card. Now the airtel customers can easily link Aadhaar to Airtel number through IVR by generating OTP.
Link Aadhaar to Airtel number with via IVR
- Dial the toll-free number 14546 from your Airtel number.
- Then you will be asked your consent for verification by UIDAI under the Aadhaar Act, 2o16.
- When you give your consent through pressing the unique digit on your keypad the IVR system will ask you for the Aadhaar Number.
- Airtel will verify with the UIDAI data to check if the mobile number is linked with Aadhaar.
- After Verification Airtel will send you six digit OTP code on your number.
- The customer has to enter the correct OTP.
- After OTP matching the process to link Aadhaar to Airtel number will be completed, an IVR message will come to your phone to confirm the successful completion of your airtel number linking.
- After 24 hours of the process the customer will get a message from Airtel so that if you want to change any details or update anything at your Aadhaar Card details. If the customer will not reply to this msg the verification process will be treated as positive within 3 days.
Offline Process To Link Aadhaar to Airtel Number
If you want to do the Aadhaar linking process by going to the Airtel retailer then follow these steps.
1st- The customer needs to go to the Airtel service provider retail shop.
2nd- You have to ask to link your mobile number with Aadhaar number.
3rd- Then give the valid mobile number and unique 12 digit Aadhaar number to the store person. The Airtel store executive do the Aadhaar verification through biometric fingerprint.
4th- After the verification you will get a one-time password or (OTP) on your Airtel mobile number which you have to submit to the store person.
5t- In this step the Airtel representative will go through the process of his own biometric fingerprint verification process.
6th- Then you will be asked for your spouse name or father’s name to enter.
7th- When every details is verified and there is no issue of error then your process to link Aadhaar to airtel number will be completed.
8th- The customer will get the confirmation message whenever the process will complete.
But asper our advice it is much easier to link Aadhaar to Airtel number through IVR process or Online Process.
What if there is some error in your Aadhaar Card name or any details-
If there will be any error in the Aadhaar Card then the linking process will get prolonged. Then 1st you update your Aadhaar Card Details through this process. Read here.
Then follow the above process. But it is advisable that you need to do the process very soon as the linking process has the deadline of 31st march 2018. And If anyone don’t have Aadhaar Card still now then do register immediately because without Aadhaar card your most of the govt. Document will lost its validation. Aadhaar linking is a must do task for every resident of India as per Government Rules and Regulations.
[sc name=”social1″ ]