Private Internet Access VPN Review
Private Internet Access VPN Review: Hello reader, hope you are well. Today we are going to discuss a famous VPN software, Let’s begin Private Internet Access VPN Review.
As you already have noticed that, during the past few years, The government have become really strict regarding internet usage. Yes, there are definite reasons behind it also. In 2021, it is no new that hackers are always in search of their prey. For security reasons, governments are banning websites and applications in many nations. So to overcome these situations, one can use VPN.
So VPN is generally being used to hide the user’s IP by masking it with a proxy server. And this way you can get rid of being tracked by hackers or by the government. You can mask your IP and become an anonymous soul to roam about all over the internet. With the help of a VPN, you can have access to the websites temporarily locked or banned by the administration and can also trick the hackers from identifying you.
If you search for the Best VPN on the internet, it will give you a whole lot of VPN. I have handpicked some of the best VPN service provider. One of them is a Private Internet Access VPN. And finally here is the Private Internet Access Review. In the following PIA VPN Review article, we will be discussing the pros and the cons of the Private Internet Access VPN that may help you while choosing one for you, yourself.
What Is Private Internet Access VPN?
Private Internet Access is the leading VPN Service provider specializing in secure, encrypted VPN tunnels which create several layers of privacy and security providing you safety on the internet. Our service is backed by multiple gateways worldwide with access in 77+ countries, 100+ regions.
You can use Private Internet Access to simply stay anonymous and untraceable online, or unblock geo-restricted content by connecting to servers from different regions. PIA VPN gives you full privacy and anonymity with everything you do online like sending emails, shopping, or banking. Without a VPN, using an unsecured Wi-Fi network means you could be exposing your private data like passwords, logins, banking information, photos, and other internet traffic.
Private Internet Access VPN Features
Key Features Of PIA VPN
Some of the Key Private Internet Access Features that worth mentioning in this PIA VPN review:
- Supports Multiple Platforms: This VPN has compatibility with various Operating Systems. PIA VPN supports Windows (Windows 8.1 and 10), Linux ( Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Debian 9+, Mint 18+, Arch Linux, Fedora 32+), iPad (iPad OpenVPN, iPad WireGuard, iPhone OpenVPN, iPhone WireGuard), macOS (macOS 11, macOS 10.15, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.13), Android (Android PPTP (2.3.4),Android IPSEC/L2TP, Android OpenVPN (root), Android WireGuard).
- Browser Extension: This VPN service provider supports multiple browser extension like Private Internet Access Chrome Extension, Opera Extension and Firefox Extension.
- Encrypted Wifi: The VPN is strongly encrypted with SHA1 and RSA-2048, which will provide you with a security shield while using wifi.
- P2P Support: Security Protocols like P2P supported in PIA VPN.
- Block ads, trackers, and malware: This VPN is well designed to protect the user from unwanted Ads, trackers and malware.
- Multiple VPN Gateways: Private Internet Access VPN has multiple VPN gateways
- Unlimited Bandwidth: PIA VPN service provider doesn’t have any limitation while you browse the internet.
- SOCKS5 Proxy Included: Private Internet Access has many security protocols. One such protocol is SOCKS5 that will assign you with alternate IP every time.
- Easy to use: Private Internet Access VPN is very user friendly. you don’t have to be a technical ninja to use these VPN tools.
- No traffic logs: Private internet Access claims that they do not collect any information from their user while they use the VPN services. For example, they don’t have any idea how long you are using VPN, what are your IP address, etc.
- Instant Setup: PIA tools is very easy to set up on any devices. Be it on Windows, Mac, Linux or iOS, you can install it on any devices within a couple of minutes.
Security Protocols Of PIA VPN
How Much Safe Is To Use PIA VPN?
Security is the main factor that will be considered while choosing a VPN. Private Internet Access VPN has solid security protocols that worth mentioning in this Private Internet Access VPN review. Private Internet Access provides state of the art, multi-layered security with advanced privacy protection using VPN tunnelling. The services of PIA VPN have been designed from the ground up to be able to operate using built-in technology pre-existing in your computer or smartphone device. The services operate at the TCP/IP interface or at the kernel level, which means all of your applications will be secured, not just your web browser.
Private Internet Access IP Cloaking
With PIA VPN, you can hide your IP to block unwanted exposure and data leaks. Private Internet Access Vpn has an IP cloak feature that masks your real IP address with one of our anonymous IP addresses, effectively keeping websites and internet services from tracking your web browsing habits, monitoring what you search for, and discovering your geographic location.
PIA VPN will establish a secure connection to the security layer, then they will issue a new IP address which will show your connection originating from a different location.
Private Internet Access Encryption
Many of the Easy to use Vpn service provider in the market use readili available software in the market. This often allow spammers and criminals to intercept your pernonal data. When you access th einternet through public wifi hotspotsd, shared internet routers, or even through your very own providers, your dada, files and privacy may be at risk.
So, Private Internet Access utilizes high grade encryption based on the cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm.This algoritm is used in conjunction with the OpenVPN protocol and is able to secure your data transmissions.
Private Internet Access also provides other security protocols like IPSec/L2TP, PPTP, OpenVPN and SOCKS5.
L2TP stands for Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol, which is a tunnelling protocol that is used to support virtual private networks (VPNs) or as part of the delivery of services by ISPs. It uses encryption (‘hiding’) only for its own control messages (using an optional pre-shared secret) and does not provide any encryption or confidentiality of content by itself. Rather, it provides a tunnel for Layer 2 (which may be encrypted), and the tunnel itself may be passed over a Layer 3 encryption protocol such as IPsec.
The full form of PPTP is Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol. PPTP is an obsolete method for implementing virtual private networks. PPTP has many well-known security issues. The PPTP specification does not describe encryption or authentication features and relies on the Point-to-Point Protocol being tunnelled to implement all security functionalities.
SOCKS5 is actually a proxy that will assign a new IP address before it takes you to your location. SOCKS5, which is the latest version of the SOCKS protocol, is faster but doesn’t encrypt your connection. In short SOCKS5 proxies alter your IP address.
Private Internet Access have anonymous browsing features. This features lets you to browse the internet anonymously and without exposing yourself. Besides, anonymous browsing helps prevent data mining which keeps your data and identity secret. Privacy is very important in this era when websites are able to paint clear pictures of who you are and learn which websites you visit very easily with publicly available information.
Unblock Websites/ Software/ Application
As you already know that there are several websites and applications that cannot be accessed. There are many reasons behind it. Many websites are available to their own region only. Any foreign body cannot access such websites. Another case is, the Government have many banned websites on their lists.
Private Internet Access VPN services provide unrestricted and uncensored access to the complete internet. If you are blocked by strict censorship from your ISP or firewall, this service will bypass the censorship and firewall, effectively providing you unrestricted access via a different IP address from the country of your choice. Pia VPN has Swiss gateways that provide the strongest levels of privacy available. In the same way, you can also access any software and application with Private Internet Access VPN services.
PIA VPN has advanced Firewall protection, which means you will never receive any unwanted connections to your computer or smartphone. This server-grade filtering software delivers optimal performance and keeps all network intrusions out.
Private Internet Access VPN Pros And Cons
Advantages And Disadvantages Of PIA VPN
Advantages Of Private Internet Access VPN:
- High speed in net surfing and downloading is one of the most important plus point of PIA. Here are some of the results from the Private Internet Access speed test, from various servers.
US Server (New York)
Download: 77.56 Mbps
Upload: 36.75 Mbps
EU Server (Amsterdam)
Download: 81.46 Mbps
Upload: 40.30 Mbps
Asia Server (Hong Kong)
Download: 69.98 Mbps
Upload: 13.04 Mbps
UK Server (London)
Download: 75.67 Mbps
Upload: 23.00 Mbps
Although its speed cannot beat the speed of HotspotShield or ExpressVPN like apps, it’s a good alternative as it’s cheaper than those.
2. No logging (which is a practice used to track and record the data points from your VPN activity) is needed for PIA VPN. However, it requires some data like your mail address, your payment data or you will receive a temporary cookie if you want to use the optical control panel.
3. It is a system without leaks, which helps us to avoid the spying of the government on our browsing history.PIA passed all the tests including detecting the presence of leaks and ensuring that their installation software is 100% clean
4. PIA has important features like anonymous IP, Torrent ability, Kill-switch,5 simultaneous connections, servers over 35540, a total of 77countries etc as its pros. In addition, it has several levels of encryption.
Its default settings use 128-bit encryption on your data, which is adjustable and can be stepped up to 256-bit, an industry-standard, will provide you with a very secure connection. You can opt for the level of encryption on both your handshake and your data authentication, which will help your computer and the server in verifying the authenticity of the connection and the data being transmitted. The default settings are for SHA1 and RSA-2048, a 2,048-bit encryption key. That’s very difficult to break. You can go up to RSA-4096, though, and double the size of the data authentication key with SHA256. Although maximum settings are recommended to get the best security, you should not take risky business settings for extra speed.
5. PIA is a very good choice if you are interested in torrenting, as this does not restrict or control any connection including peer-to-peer file sharing. You can use any torrenting client you like to download anything you want without any fear of account blocking or connection disruption. PIA’s website does not clearly claim that the company supports torrenting, they declare that P2P is supported. But, people rely on them because they have got a reputation of being torrent-friendly.
6. This PIA VPN has a very good reputation among users since 2010, got many awards like MostStableVPN and became a reliable website for secured service. Multiple editor’s choice awards also given to them for their performance which means a lot and add points to PIA for choosing as the best VPN. They have collaboration with multiple other companies, like Blender, Creative Commons, Inkscape, Gnome etc., which are making the internet a better place.
7. Most popular platforms for browsing are under the cover of this VPN, like Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and Firefox. It has browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera too. Technically, it is compatible with routers like DD-WRT, Lede, Merlin, PFSense, Tomato, ASUSWRT etc., but this requires some manual setup through OpenVPN.In addition, you have an option also for connecting smart TVs and Game Consoles to those routers.
8. PIA VPN is a far better performer in the case of live streaming services like Netflix. Where other VPNs don’t even try to work, one of PIA’s five servers works successfully. With some of its server, You can access Netflix with Private Internet Access, but some server is disappointing. But yes, you can always have torrent sites accessible as Netflix Alternatives with e help of PIA.
Disadvantages Of Private Internet Access VPN:
- One of the few cons of PIA VPN is they don’t have a live chat option actually. Although it has “24/7 North American” support, it fails to give service 24×7 hours literally. But they have a more active Twitter account and provides customer support more satisfactorily. They also have an FAQ page to help you in any trouble.
2. It is mainly based on the US which is problematic for many of us. As the US has some strictest, most privacy-invading surveillance laws in the developed countries and that applied for the VPN providers, the Government is known to force them to give user data with secret warrants which worry privacy advocates by PIA VPN.
I recently purchased PIA and it was extremely easy to set up and works awesome, with no disconnects or slow startups. Many servers to choose from all over the world. I highly recommend PIA!
- Well Designed
- 30 Days money-back guarantee
- No Logging is required
- Allows 10 simultaneous connections
- Strong Security Protocol
- No Free version available
- No Live Chat option available
Private Internet Access VPN Pricing Info
Plans And Pricing Of PIA VPN
(For all VPN Features)
(₹3,009.93 per year)
(₹5,267.00 per two years + 2 months Free + BONUS
Boxcryptor – Cloud Security License)
PIA Vpn offers three plans, namely MONTHLY PLAN, YEARLY PLAN & TWO YEARLY PLAN for its users. You can choose according to your requirement. Besides, Private Internet Access VPN also Offers a RISK FREE 30 Days money back guarantee.
Hence, from this detailed PIA VPN Review, you can easily decide that either you will choose Private Internet Access as your VPN connection or not. This is absolutely a great Vpn by Private Internet Access. The features it provides, along with the security protocols are truly remarkable. Considering the Private Internet Access subscription plan, it a viable and reasonable Vpn service provider in the market right now.
Thank you hope you like the article on Private Internet Access VPN Review. If you have any question, you can put them in the comment section. I will be happy to respond.
NOTE: Accessing banned websites by using VPN is still illegal. You may face serious Legal problems while doing so.
Meanwhile You Can Also Check Our VPN Section Where You Will Find Lots Of Other Best VPN