Tunnelbear Review. Hello reader, hope to see you well. Today we are going to discuss a famous VPN software, Tunnelbear. If you are looking for an application that can mask your IP with a proxy server and grant anonymous access for you to the internet, then you may find the following article helpful. Lets Begin Tunnelbear Review.
VPN is generally being used to hide the user’s IP by masking it with a proxy server. And this way you can get rid of being tracked by hackers or by the government. You can mask your IP and become an anonymous soul to roam about all over the internet. With the help of VPN, you can have access over the websites temporarily locked or banned by the administration and can also trick the hackers from identifying you. In the following article, we will be discussing the pros and the cons of the Tunnelbear VPN that may help you while choosing one for you, yourself.
Tunnelbear offers you both free and paid services. Well, you can only access 500 MB/mo in the free version where there is no limit for the paid one. Tunnelbear offers industry-standard (strong) OpenVPN protocol which is remarkable in every mean. But on the other hand, Tunnelbear provides a comparatively slow speed of surfing than its competitors.
Tunnelbear was founded by Ryan Dochuk and Daniel Kaldor in 2011. This is a Toronto based company but they have a wide range of servers in 20 countries around the world including North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Now let’s have glanced over the pros and the cons of Tunnelbear.
Details Pros of Tunnelbear
- Tunnelbear earns most of its points by their strict and clear no-logging policy. It strictly does not log the IP address while visiting their website, IP addresses upon service connection, DNS queries while connected and any information about the applications, services or websites used while connected. This will certainly make the privacy-conscious user’s breath relieved. They are not selling your personal information like your name, your email address, your credit card details to anyone until the Canadian government demands to see them.
- Tunnelbear offers you a rock solid encryption to secure your privacy like a pro. It repeatedly claims that your browsing is protected by leak-free encryption. Tunnelbear uses OpenVPN by default and it is tested as most advanced and unbreakable among the others available in the market.
- Next, you are welcome to the free plans of Tunnelbear. Though there is a limitation of 500 MB/mo, Tunnelbear invites a user to test run the application over a customized circumstance. Tunnelbear offers you a browser extension as well as a tracker blocking extension that compliments all their services.
- Tunnelbear uses industry standard OpenVPN encryption for windows, mac and android devices. If you are not looking for a cheap VPN but a safe one, Tunnelbear should be your preference. The recent iOs versions are using IPSec/IKEv2 128-bit AES encryption which is so-called standard encryption but Tunnelbear offers you 256-bit AES encryption, that means it is giving you better encryption than any other simultaneous application. This service also confirms you that you are connected with the authentic application, not to a third-party imposter. Vigilant bear is another remarkable feature which protects you while moving from one to another access point or a different wifi network. It protects your data loss during the transition process. There is no evidence of a bigger leak or a break in the encryption of Tunnelbear. So, you can rely on this software without any hesitation.
- Tunnelbear comes with some stunning features such as anonymous IP, killing switch and 5 simultaneous connections. There are some websites, restrict access to VPN usages. Here Tunnelbear can help you out. Tunnelbear comes with a feature named ghost bear. It offers you the facility of hiding the fact of using a VPN.
- Tunnelbear comes with an extremely clean and tidy user interface. Users not having the experience to cope up with some high-end VPN settings can use this application. It has probably the easiest interface for beginner to a VPN.
- Tunnelbear claims to be the first and the only VPN network who has a separate team to audit their VPN security. They publish the audit report for the general public and it is available on the internet for open reading.
- Tunnelbear would not allow torrent surfing and downloading at the beginning. But now, this issue is been resolved. You can surf and download contents from torrent. There are peoples who love to use torrent being connected to a VPN. But a number of VPN do not allow access to torrent. Tunnelbear offers torrent access for them.
- Tunnelbear offers you a ticket based customer support service. They claim that they are only one who offers this. Tunnelbear does not offer live chat facility. But there are a few complaints about the customer support service of Tunnelbear.
Details Cons of Tunnelbear
- Well, there is nothing which is good all the way. So, obviously, there are some cons of Tunnelbear. It comes with a lower network speed in comparison of all its competitors.
US Server (New York)
- Ping: 120ms
- Download: 33.38 Mbps
- Upload: 15.04 Mbps
EU Server (Amsterdam)
- Ping: 39ms
- Download: 52.26 Mbps
- Upload: 27.20 Mbps
Asia Server (Hong Kong)
- Ping: 345ms
- Download: 7.54 Mbps
- Upload: 2.63 Mbps
UK Server (London)
- Ping: 44ms
- Download: 50.10 Mbps
- Upload: 48.36 Mbps
If you are expecting a high network speed through your VPN, Tunnelbear should not be your preference.
Unfortunately, Netflix does not allow VPN access. So, you can’t enter into Netflix using Tunnelbear. Netflix is being better denying access of VPNs and there is no loophole could be found till date.
Tunnelbear does not support router installation. So you can’t use VPN connection through a router and mask its IP. Tunnelbear can be used in individual devices.
Tunnelbear has some extremely easy to understand packs and plans. The giant bear takes a sum of $9.99/mo and the biggest pack, the grizzly bear will take $59.88 for 12 months.
Hope you like Tunnelbear Review.
Stay tuned for more. Also Check Our VPN Section Where You Lot’s Of Other Best VPN.