Apple iPhones are expensive mainly because of the high security these iPhones provide. If you somehow lose your iPhone anyhow then because of your highly secured Apple id login no one who tries to unlock your iPhone will be able to do it and do the Apple id password reset in your iPhone. The iPhone won’t be of any use to the person and there is a chance that you would get your iPhone soon because of the Apple IMEI check. Well if the iPhone unlock is not an easy task for any other person other than you then what if you too won’t be able to do so even though you are the rightful owner of the iPhone. Well, in this case, you need to understand the ways in which you can understand how to unlock iPhone. If you somehow forget your Apple lock screen password then you need to understand what are the ways in which you can unlock your iPhone or do the Apple iCloud password reset. Well not only does forgetting your iPhone password or passcode or the apple id forgot password will lock your iPhone but also, your iPhone’s carrier setting and iCloud will not let you unlock your iPhone. In this article, you will find more on this and more about the ways in which you will know How To Unlock iPhone.
Many people who face the iPhone locked problem with their iPhones need iPhone 5s unlocked service, iPhone 6 unlocked service, iPhone 6 Plus unlocked service, iPhone 6s unlocked service, iPhone 6s Plus unlocked service, iPhone 7 unlocked service and many more. They also have common questions like How to unlock a phone? How to unlock iPhone 6? How to unlock your iPhone? iPhone unlock near me? How do you unlock an iPhone? How to unlock iPhone 6s? Is my iPhone unlocked? Apple iPhone 5 unlocked service? Apple iPhone 6s unlocked service? Apple iPhone 6 unlocked service? In this article, we have tried to answer and explain all these questions.
How To Check If iPhone Is Locked?
Our phones are an integral part of our lives and with so much information on it and passing through it, it has become a very big deal. Such that having your iPhone locked can be very frustrating. Thus, if for some reason your iPhone is locked – no matter if it is screen locked, Apple iCloud locked or carrier locked, it is vital that you know as to how to unlock a locked iPhone and to do this, it is not necessary that you have to spend a lot after going through this post. In the iPhone plus unlocked phones, you need to check as if your phone is locked and if yes then how to unlock any iPhone.
You might wonder as to what makes locked iPhones the way they are? Locked iPhones have a software code that stops you from using the phone on another network or wireless service, which may result in your stay with the same carrier. According to some carriers, one of the biggest reasons why they sell locked phones is to limit phone theft. It is the experience of some iPhone users that their stolen iPhones are offered in the black market for trading. It is indeed true that the value of used iPhones are much higher than the new ones and thus are sold at a very very high price in the black markets in China.
The lock status, however, is especially frustrating to iPhone users. You will not be able to switch your wireless operators easily. Locked iPhone limits the freedom to choose one’s carrier or service provider. This means that you could probably get stuck with a particular carrier the moment you buy the iPhone. To use another carrier, you may have to purchase another phone. If you are planning to purchase a pre-owned iPhone, you need to check first if it is carrier-locked to skip the bad consequence coming later. Here are 4 effective and easy ways to check if your iPhone can be unlocked or not. We will later explain the common question i.e. How to unlock my phone lock in an iPhone.
1. Verify If Your iPhone Is Locked By Checking The Settings
The oldest and easiest way of checking the status of your iPhone is by looking in the Settings. The steps to do this are.
- Open iPhone Settings.
- Go to Cellular.
- Once you are there, try to find an option named Cellular Data Network/Option (some may call it ‘Mobile Data’). If it is there, then the iPhone is not locked. Locked iPhone won’t have this option.
2. Check iPhone Lock Status With A SIM Card From Another Carrier
For iPhone, the SIM card enables the device to get mobile and data service. It is also actually a good way to check whether the iPhone you have is locked. To do this, first, turn off the iPhone. Then follow the steps outlined below. Note that these steps only apply to iPhone models that have SIM card slots. Later in iPhone carrier unlock we will explain How to unlock SIM card on iPhone.
- Find your iPhone’s SIM card slot. Once you locate it, open it with the eject tool. If you are having trouble doing it, use a small paper clip. Usually, the SIM card slot can be found along the phone’s side casing.
- Take out the SIM card of the iPhone. Put in the SIM card from a different carrier.
- Insert the SIM card slot tray back into the iPhone.
- Then turn the iPhone on. Enter the passcode of iPhone if needed.
- You will be able to know whether the iPhone is carrier-locked or not by clicking the iPhone settings. If a display says “SIM Not Supported/Valid” or ask for “Activation Code” or “SIM Unlock Code’, that means the phone is locked. Otherwise, you are free to use any other mobile service provider.
3. Restore iPhone To See If It Is Locked
You may not know this but doing a factory reset actually also helps in knowing whether your iPhone is locked or unlocked. Read how this can be done in the steps underneath.
- Reset the iPhone to its factory settings. Go to Settings. Find General > Reset and then click Erase All Content and Settings. You can also reset it by using iTunes. Make sure you have made backups for your files before doing this to avoid data loss.
- If you see that the screen displays “Congratulations, the iPhone is unlocked,” then it is not locked.
- But if you get this message in iTunes or on your device: “The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported,” you may have to re-insert the SIM card from your original carrier. You have the option of visiting the carrier’s store to see if there are other options to unlock SIM card iPhone.
4. Use an Online Service to Check If iPhone is Locked or Unlocked
Of all the methods here, the Apple IMEI check takes the longest time and is best to do only when you have no other choice. It involves signing your iPhone up to the IMEI Info website, which is an online checker to tell the lock state of your iPhone. The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) acts as a unique identifier for a smartphone. Each phone can only have one. Think of it as an identification number that only your iPhone has.
Follow the steps below to see how to use the online service to know the carrier status of your iPhone. Just search “IMEI Info” on the Internet and find the registration page of the website.
- Find your iPhone’s IMEI. You can find this number by going to iPhone Settings > General > About. You will see the IMEI section there. You can also find the IMEI on the SIM tray in some iPhone models. For some old iPhone models, you can just find it on the back side.
- Once you are on the main page of IMEI Info, enter the IMEI number.
- Accomplish the short “I’m Not a Robot” test. Proceed to Check > SIMLOCK & WARRANTY > Check Apple Phone.
- If the result is “Unlocked: false” then the phone is carrier-locked; while “Unlocked: true” means it is unlocked.
Three Reasons How An iPhone Is Locked
- iPhone Screen Lock
- iPhone iCloud Lock
- iPhone Carrier Lock
Now that you know the reasons as to why an iPhone is locked, let’s now know how can we unlock an iPhone in any of these cases.
How To Unlock A Screen Locked iPhone Without Password
The exact behavior of the iPhone depends on its configuration when one forgets the password. By default, there is not a password at all. However, Apple notes the following regarding forgotten passcode:
If you repeatedly enter the wrong passcode, your iPhone will be disabled for longer intervals before you can try again. After too many unsuccessful attempts, you won’t be able to try again until you connect it to the computer with which you last synced it [if it has been synced to a computer]. You can configure your device to erase itself after ten consecutive incorrect password attempts. This setting is off by default. It can be turned on by tapping Settings > General > Passcode Lock.
If you cannot remember the passcode, you will need to restore your device using the computer with which you last synced it [or iCloud]. This allows you to reset your passcode and resync the data from the device (or restore from a backup). If you restore on a different computer that was never synced with the device, you will be able to unlock the device for use and remove the passcode, but your data will not be present.
Methods To Unlock Screen Locked iPhone
There are numerous ways to unlock screen locked iPhone which is done by multiple companies. But here we will discuss the most basic ones which are Unlock A Locked iPhone through Recovery Mode and Unlock A Locked iPhone with iTunes.
Unlock A Locked iPhone Through Recovery Mode
Screen lock password is the most popular kind of phone security lock, and as such if you have a legitimate reason to access a phone with a screen passcode lock then follow these simple Recovery Mode steps.
- Step 1: Attach your locked iPhone to a computer and launch iTunes.
- Step 2: Hold the power button and slide the power off option.
- Step 3: Press and hold the volume down button (iPhone 7 and 7 plus) until you see the “Recovery Mode” screen.
- Step 4: When you see the option to “Restore” or “Update” iPhone in iTunes, opt for “Restore”.
Wait for the process to finish, then you can access your iPhone without the password.
Unlock A Locked iPhone With iTunes
Follow these simple steps to know how to unlock a locked iPhone with iTunes.
- Step 1: Connect your device to your PC or Mac.
- Step 2: Allow iTunes sync your device and create a backup.
- Step 3: Once the Sync and Backup are complete, select “Restore” your device.
- Step 4: In the next Set Up Screen select Restore from iTunes backup and choose the most relevant backup to restore.
How To Unlock An iCloud Locked iPhone
In the event that you need to return an iPhone to its rightful owner and it is locked via iCloud, the iCloud unlock can come in handy if you need to access any detail on the phone that may enable you to reach out to its owner. To quickly do this, press the home button and then choose the Wi-Fi settings and tap on the ‘I’ bonded circle. Now, follow these easy steps to replace the existing DNS settings that will allow you to bypass iCloud security and do the factory unlock iPhone.
- Step 1: In the activation window, press the “Home” button, then select WiFi Settings.
- Step 2: Click on the “i” bound by a circle.
- Step 3: Enter a new DNS server as 188.8.131.52.
- Step 4: Click “Back” > “Done” > “Activation help.”
- Step 5: Once you complete those steps, you would see a popup box telling you that you have successfully connected to a new server.
- Step 6: Tap on the “Menu” located at the top right.
- Step 7: Now, you should be able to access some applications such as YouTube, Social, Audio, Mails and much more.
- Step 8: Now choose an application that you think can reveal some information about the owner.
How To Unlock A Carrier Locked iPhone
If you are having a problem in unlocking your iPhone and how to unlock my iPhone, then the first thing that you need to check is if or not your iPhone is locked because of the SIM? You can do this by popping out your existing SIM and trying the new one. If you have purchased your iPhone directly from an Apple store, then it will be unlocked by default. All you need to do is you have to swap between SIMs from different networks and you wouldn’t also need to restart your phone. If however, your iPhone is locked, you’ll get error messages such as “Invalid SIM”, or “No SIM card installed”. This might not mean that your phone is locked, it could just be iOS throwing a fit. If you’re in this bracket, it’s just a simple case of flicking Flight mode on and off and restarting the phone or just cleaning out some pocket fluff and resetting the SIM card.
Alternatively, you can go to:
- About and tap “Check for a carrier settings update”.
But, now if you get the “SIM locked” message, you will need to find a better and different way in order to unlock the iPhone. Below you will read more on how does an Apple unlock iPhone work if your SIM is locked and How to unlock iPhone carrier.
How To Unlock An iPhone And Use Any SIM
If your iPhone is locked to a particular carrier, it can be truly frustrating. Some iPhones will only work with a SIM card provided to the carrier they’re locked to – O2, EE, Three or Vodafone, for example. But there are other ways to unlock your iPhone so that you can use any SIM card. Here, we show you how to unlock iPhone for any carrier. Some iPhones are easier to unlock than others, depending on the carrier and the phone’s circumstances. Most iPhones purchased within the past few years will actually be unlocked already, but if your iPhone is older, your mobile phone provider may be able to unlock the phone for free, or you might find that you’re able to do the iPhone carrier unlock yourself.
You’ll discover that your iPhone has been locked to a particular network if you insert a SIM card from another network into the iPhone and attempt to make a call. If it doesn’t work, it’s likely that your iPhone is locked to your network. You might see an error messages such as “Invalid SIM,” “PAYT Lock,” “SIM Card Not Accepted,” “Enter SP Code,” or “Insert Correct SIM Card.” Also, don’t forget that the iPhone 4S uses a MicroSIM, which is bigger than the nano-SIM you’ll find in all of Apple’s newer models. Unlocking your iPhone is completely legal if you purchased the device unsubsidized or have finished paying for your contract. However, if you’re still paying for your contract, you technically don’t own the iPhone yet, so you really should check with your carrier before doing the unlock SIM card iPhone.
Here, we’ve got a list of popular UK carriers and how to go about getting your iPhone unlocked by them.
Unlock An iPhone On EE
To unlock your EE iPhone, you’ll need to have had your account for at least six months, and you’ll need to have paid all of your bills to date. EE says it’ll take around 72 hours to unlock your iPhone, and it’ll cost you $10.03. If you’re happy with that, you’ll need to fill out the online form. However, if you’re not an EE customer and you’ve got an iPhone that’s locked to EE, you’ll need to find out the name of the original owner, their EE phone number and any additional account information you can acquire in order to unlock the iPhone.
Unlock An iPhone On O2
O2 requires you to use the My O2 Online or My O2 app to unlock your iPhone. If you’re a Pay Monthly customer you can unlock your iPhone at any time, but you’ll still need to finish paying for your contract. The same goes for Pay As You Go customers. You’ll need to connect your iPhone to iTunes once you’ve inserted the new, non-O2 SIM to complete the unlock process.
Unlock An iPhone On Three
On Three’s website, the company states that all iPhones purchased after 1 January 2014 from Three will be unlocked as soon as you activate it over WiFi or connect it to iTunes on your computer, so there’s no need to do anything to use another network. However, in order to unlock an iPhone running iOS 7 or above that wasn’t purchased from Three recently, you’ll need to connect to iTunes and do a restore of your device to unlock it. It’s important to back up your content first, as restoring your device will wipe all of the data. For older iPhones, you’ll need to fill out Three’s online form.
Unlock An iPhone On Virgin Mobile
Any iPhone purchased from Virgin Mobile recently will be unlocked, and can be used with other SIMs. However, some older iPhones may be locked to Virgin Mobile, but you’ll just need to update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS to automatically unlock your iPhone. Alternatively, if your iPhone isn’t compatible with iOS 8 or newer, you can perform a full restore of your iPhone just like you can if you’re unlocking from Three. If you’re still having trouble, Virgin Mobile will be able to assist you in the unlocking process if you purchased the iPhone directly from the company. You’ll need to get in touch with them by calling 150 on your Virgin Mobile phone.
Unlock An iPhone On Vodafone
Vodafone also requires you to have an account with the company or know the details of the person who had the account before. If you do know those details, you’ll need to fill out Vodafone’s online form. The company says it’ll get back to you within 48 hours, but it could take up to 10 days if there’s an issue that requires getting in touch with the phone’s manufacturer. Unlocking through Vodafone will be free if you’ve had your plan with the company for more than 12 months, but less than that and you’ll need to pay $22.29.
Unlock An iPhone On Tesco Mobile
Tesco’s website says it’s free to unlock your iPhone, although some newer models may not be able to be unlocked straight away. To find out, you’ll need to call 0345 301 4455 and choose the “unlock your mobile” option after you’ve answered some automated questions. Have your IMEI number ready (find it by dialing *#06# on the device you want to unlock). It’ll take around seven days to get your unlock code, although in some cases it can take up to 20.
Other than these UK based companies who do the Apple iPhone unlock, we suggest you look forward to getting this unlock iPhone service from DoctorUnlock.net. All of their unlocking services are Official iPhone unlocks, permanent and lifetime warranted! They even offer 100% money back if they cannot unlock your iPhone. Their official unlocks will never get relocked because it unlocks your iPhone by whitelisting your IMEI from Apple’s database. But some other companies use a “hacking” method to unlock your iPhone using jailbreaks, claiming to unlock ALL MODELS – ALL iPhones! Of course, they will never refund you if your iPhone gets relocked. Whereas, their services are 100% legit, official IMEI based method supporting iPhone XS (Max), iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 (Plus), iPhone 7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4.
A new unlocked iPhone can connect to any carrier. If your iPhone is unlocked, you could switch from Sprint to Verizon tomorrow and your same phone will work just fine. iPhones that have been completely paid for and bought directly from Apple are likely to be unlocked. But if you bought the iPhone through a carrier on a contract, the phone will be locked until the contract is over and paid in full. It’s also possible to buy a used, locked iPhone that becomes unlocked later on when the previous owner has finished their contract. That’s why it’s important to know whether the iPhone you’re buying is unlocked or not.
Other Ways To Get Into A Locked iPhone
Other than the above mentioned three reasons for getting into a locked iPhone, there are a few more ways for doing the iPhone unlock service. The other ways are: How To Get Into A Locked iPhone With Siri, How To Get Into A Locked iPhone With iTunes, How To Get Into A Locked iPhone Via Find My iPhone, How To Get Into A Locked iPhone Using Recovery Mode. Let’s discuss these in details below.
How To Get Into A Locked iPhone With Siri
If you don’t want to erase your device’s data while dealing with the apple unlock issue, then you can simply take the assistance of Siri. Though, you should know that this is not an official iPhone unlock fix and only works for limited iOS devices (iOS 8.0 to iOS 10.1). Ideally, it is considered as a loophole in iOS, which can be exploited to fix a disabled phone. You can get in a locked iPhone by implementing the following steps:
- Press the Home button on your phone to activate Siri. Ask for the present time (by saying “Hey Siri, what time is it?”) and wait for its response. Now, tap on the clock icon.
- On the world clock interface, add another clock.
- The interface will ask you to search for the location of your choice. Type anything on the search tab and select it to get various options. Tap on the “Select all” text.
- A few added options will be displayed. Tap on “Share” to proceed.
- Out of all the options to share this text, select the Message app.
- This will open a new interface from where you can draft a new message. Type anything in the “To” field and press the return button on the keyboard.
- As your text will be highlighted, tap on the add icon.
- This will open another interface to add a new contact. From here, tap on the “Create new contact” option.
- Instead of adding a contact, tap on the photo icon and select the “Choose Photo” option.
- This will open the photo library on your phone. Simply visit an album or wait for a while.
- Now, press the home button. If nothing goes wrong, then you will enter the Home screen on your phone.
How To Get Into A Locked iPhone With iTunes
We are sure that after following the above-mentioned solution, you would no longer be locked out of the iPhone. Nevertheless, if you are still facing a few setbacks to learn how to get in a locked iPhone, then you can give iTunes a try. It can get a little complicated to start with, but in the end, your data would be erased. It can be done by following these steps.
- Connect your iPhone to the system and launch an updated version of iTunes.
- Wait for a while as iTunes will recognize your phone. Visit its Summary page and under the Backup section, click on the “Restore Backup” button.
- Just agree to the pop-up message and click on the “Restore” button. This would reset your device.
By following this method, you would be able to learn how to get into a locked iPhone without much trouble.
How To Get Into A Locked iPhone Via Find My iPhone
Apple’s official Find My iPhone is a smart and hassle-free way to locate your lost iPhone or reset it remotely. All you need for this official iPhone unlock is your Apple ID and password. To learn how to do the iPhone unlock service with Find My iPhone, follow these instructions.
- Log in to Apple iCloud’s website using your Apple ID and password. Visit the Find My iPhone page and click on the “All Devices” option to view all the iOS devices linked to your Apple ID. Now, select the iOS device that is locked.
- This will provide various tasks that you can perform on the iOS device. Click on the “Erase iPhone” button to reset the device.
How To Get Into A Locked iPhone Using Recovery Mode
This is another popular way to resolve the iPhone unlock problem. By simply putting your phone into Recovery mode, you can resolve this issue without much trouble. To learn how to get into a locked iPad or iPhone, implement the following steps.
- To start with, launch an updated version of iTunes on your system and connect one end of the lightning or USB cable to it.
- Now, press the Home button on your iOS device. Keep holding the Home button while connecting it to the other end of the cable until the iTunes symbol would appear on the screen.
- As soon as you would connect your iOS device to the system, iTunes will recognize an issue with it and provide the following message. Just click on the “Restore” button to reset your phone.
With these different ways of unlocking an iPhone, we have learned some of the most common ways of how to unlock iPhone. We have tried to answer some of the most common questions through this article which is How to unlock a phone? How to unlock iPhone 6? How to unlock your iPhone? iPhone unlock near me? How do you unlock an iPhone? How to unlock iPhone 6s? Is my iPhone unlocked? and many more. We have also explained How To Check If iPhone Is Locked, Reasons How An iPhone Is Locked which are How To Unlock A Screen Locked iPhone Without Password, or How To Unlock An iCloud Locked iPhone, or How To Unlock A Carrier Locked iPhone, or How To Unlock An iPhone And Use Any SIM and what are the other ways to get into a locked iPhone. We have explained How To Get Into A Locked iPhone With Siri, With iTunes, Via Find My iPhone and Using Recovery Mode.
Do Follow Us On Social Media.