One of the most popular web browsers users love is Google Chrome, yet in spite of all the feature updates and bug fixes, Chrome can be slow at times because of some of its features, extensions or applications. Today, we will discuss 9 easy ways to get rid of slow google chrome.
These tips and tricks disable various unnecessary and unneeded features of Chrome to allow the browser to load web pages faster. These include extensions, plugins and web apps you don’t need.
1. Disable Extensions:
Extensions provide extended functionalities to the browser. Chrome comes with few built-in plugins provided by Google (like Chrome PDF Viewer, Native Client, etc.), and may carry plugins by other software installed in your computer. Plugins, like extensions, can slow down the browser and clog memory and network resources.
To disable extensions you do not need:
- Type “chrome://extensions” in your Chrome’s location bar. Alternatively, you can go to Chrome’s Options > More tools > Extensions.
- Untick the Enabled to the extensions you want to disable, or click the Trash icon to delete the extension.
2. Disable Plugins:
Chrome comes with few built-in plugins provided by Google (like Chrome PDF Viewer, Native Client, etc.), and may carry plugins by other software installed in your computer. Plugins, like extensions, can slow down the browser and clog memory and network resources.
To disable plugins you do not need:
- Type “chrome://plugins” in your Chrome’s address bar.
- Click Disable to disable the plugin you no longer need.
3. Remove Apps:
To remove unnecessary web apps:
- Type “chrome://apps” in your Chrome’s address bar or click Apps on the Bookmarks bar
- Right-click the app you want to remove, select Remove from Chrome…, and click the Remove button to confirm the removal
4. Disable DNS Prefetch In Google Chrome:
DNS prefetch is the attempt made by Chrome to resolve the domain name before the user follows it. More clearly, DNS prefetch resolves the domain names into IP addresses from the hyperlinks in a page while the user is reading the page. Sometimes this may resolve domain names that the user may never go to. Even though this feature helps in loading the hyperlinks in a page faster but it affects the current bandwidth. You can disable this feature.
To disable the prefetch feature in Chrome browser:
- Head over to Chrome’s Options > Settings > Show advanced settings…
- Uncheck the “Prefetch resources to load pages more quickly” option.
MOST TRENDING ARTICLES:
- 98 GOOGLE TRICKS YOU WISH YOU KNEW BEFORE
- GOOGLE CHROME TIPS AND TRICKS TO INCREASE YOUR PRODUCTIVITY
5. Clear Browsing Data:
Browsers save browsing history, caches, login details etc. These may put some load on your system. So it is better to clear them regularly.
To clear the browsing data in Google Chrome, go to Settings -> History -> Clear browsing data.
6. Up to date Google Chrome:
- Type “chrome://chrome/” and enter.
- Now click Check for updates.
7. Google Chrome Task Manager:
- Press Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Now select anyone which takes high memory and then click End Process.
8. Run the Google Software Removal Tool:
Google have launched a new tool that will help you clean up your Chrome browser from anything that is interfering with normal operation. This can include malware and spyware that infects your Chrome installation and makes things much slower than it should.
All you need to do is navigate to www.google.com/chrome/srt/ and click the Download now button. It can be really helpful in preventing crashes and other problems.
9. Clear Your Browsing History from the New Tab Page:
The New Tab page displays thumbnails for the websites you visit most (depending on the version of Chrome you are using). You can clear your browsing history by removing these thumbnails from the New Tab page.
To remove a web page from the New Tab page, move your mouse over the thumbnail for the site and click the X that displays in the upper, right corner of the thumbnail.
How’s your browsing experience using Chrome after following these tips and tricks? Do you any more tips & tricks or hacks to speed up Google Chrome? Let us know in comments.
You can receive FREE technical support by our technical experts, just by creating a support ticket HERE.