If your Laptop screen turned completely white or it is stuck on a white screen on laptop? Don’t panic. You are not alone. We will guide you to the right move. Why is my Laptop screen white when I turn it on? How to fix the solution? We’ll introduce you to a few fixes for this strange problem.
A White Screen of Death may appear when you turn on a Laptop made by Lenovo, Dell, Acer, or another manufacturer. This is unpleasant because it prevents you from using the Laptop correctly. The white screen issue on laptops could be brought on by a bad graphics card, a broken display, malware/viruses, etc. First, we’ll show you why my Laptop screen turns white when moved and what causes your laptop’s screen to turn white problem?
What Are The Causes Of White Screen Of Death?
What will you do if your Laptop screen turns white when it is ON? If you face an issue like this then probably you searched for how to fix white screen on a dell Laptop or Laptop screen turns white after startup – then your answer is, that the following may be related to this issue.
- Loose connection between your video cable and LCD screen
- Faulty LCD screen
- The faulty motherboard in which the graphics card is integrated into the motherboard
Enter BIOS Settings
First and foremost all you have to do is you should enter your Laptop BIOS settings. If your laptop turned white when it started up, you might need to do a hard reset. Here is how to perform a hard reset.
- Hold down the power button for at least 5 seconds to shut down your Laptop
- Disconnect the power cable
- After some time, reconnect your power cable and restart your Laptop
- The booting process is done and checks if the screen turns white
- If the screen display is white in BIOS, it was probably a hardware issue
How to Fix White Screen On Laptop If The Laptop Screen Turned Completely White?
You can attempt the fixes listed below to fix the problem if it becomes normal in BIOS. Let’s examine how to fix the laptop’s white screen right away.
Fix 1: Check Your Hardware
The display or graphics card may be the cause of the Windows 10 white screen of death. Therefore, you should check yourself first.
- To determine if the problem is with the Laptop’s display, you can connect your Laptop to an external display.
- It is clear that your graphics card is malfunctioning if the laptop screen turns white as soon as you touch the power button. Thus, you ought to think about a replacement.
Fix 2: Update Your Graphics Drivers
faulty or out-of-date graphics drivers are one of the most frequent reasons of this issue. Therefore, you ought to try updating your drivers before doing anything more difficult. There are two methods for finding the appropriate drivers:
How To Manually Update Your Graphics Drivers
Here’s how to update the graphics drivers manually
- Press Windows + R key to open the Run box
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open Device Manager
- It will show you all the graphics drivers. Right-click on it if you want to update
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software
- Select Update Driver.
- You can attempt to find a new driver on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions if Windows is unable to do so.
Fix 3: Remove The Battery From Your Laptop
This approach seems simple, yet it has a lot of benefits. Many screen issues, according to some users, can be resolved by just taking out the battery and restarting the computer.
- First, remove the battery as mentioned in your Laptop’s instruction manual.
- After removing the battery, ensure that your Laptop isn’t connected to your power cable
- Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds
- Put that battery back and turn ON your Laptop to check if you still have your Laptop screen turns white and freezes. Then you’ll move on to another fix.
Fix 4: Scan For Malware And Other Malicious Software
Some users said that the Laptop screen turns white after startup problem can happen if the Windows system is launched concurrently with the malicious software. Use a third-party anti-malware tool to check your computer and remove any malware that may be present, such as Malwarebytes. The white screen on your computer monitor makes it impossible to operate Windows normally, so you must enter safe mode by following the instructions.
- Boot the laptop using a boot disc or USB device.
- You can see a list of options. Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Start Settings.
- Select Restart
- In order to select Enable Safe Mode with Networking, press the correct key. The anti-malware program can then be used to scan your laptop.
Fix 5: Run SFC Command
System files may be the cause of the Laptop White Screen Issue. The problem could have been brought on by damaged or corrupted system files. You have two options for fixing the corrupt system files to resolve the issue.
- Utilizing Reimage, you may fix and replace damaged system files.
- Execute the sfc/scannow command
Run sfc/scannow command
- Press the Windows + R keys at the same time to open the Run box
- Enter cmd in the box
- Press Shift + Ctrl + Enter simultaneously to open the command prompt in the administrator mode
- Type sfc/scannow and press Enter
- After that, wait for the verification
- Restart your Laptop to check Laptop White Screen Issue is fixed or not.
Fix 6: Restore Your Laptop
You can roll back your system to a previous restore point if you can’t identify the program or driver that is causing your laptop to display a white screen when it was working perfectly just a few days prior. This will restore everything to as it was before you set the restore point, including all software updates and device drivers.
- Press Windows + Pause key together
- Select System Protection
- Select the System Restore option
- Select Next
- Select a restore point where Windows was error-free. Then, to complete the procedure, adhere to the on-screen directions.
- Then restart your Laptop to check Laptop screen turns white or not.
Conclusion On How To Fix Laptop White Screen Problem
In Windows operating systems, problems with display and graphics are usual. Hopefully, this article can help you resolve the Laptop white screen problem. If you have any queries, feel free to contact TECHYUGA and drop the comments below, and we’ll do our best to get back to you.