Having an issue with your laptop keyboard or Mac Keyboard? Don’t worry. Techyuga is here to help. In this guide, I’ll show you how to disassemble keyboard with step by step guide.
However if you are not confident enough to do it by yourself, you can contact Techyuga for laptop keyboard replacement or MacBook keyboard replacement In India. Techyuga can deal will all type of laptop and MacBook issue.
And if want to try it by try it by yourself, here is the step by step guide to disassemble Keyboard of Laptop and Mac.
So let’s get started.
How To Disassemble the Keyboard Of Your Laptop Or Mac?
Most keyboards are put together using a relatively similar process. Disassembling the keyboard of your laptop or Mac makes your keyboard keys clean. Here we’ll discuss how to take apart a keyboard to clean it with easy steps.
1) How To Disassemble Keyboard Of Your Laptop?
On a laptop, removing the keyboard is not an easy operation. If you’re unsure how to disassemble keyboard of your laptop, then we strongly recommend a computer professional TECHYUGA for your keyboard issues.
Check over the information in the areas below for suggestions if you have the knowledge or insist on doing it yourself.
Here is how to disassemble a laptop keyboard.
Step 1 To Disassemble Laptop Keyboard:
- Take apart by using this tool as shown in the picture
Step 2 To Disassemble Laptop Keyboard:
- Take off the adhesive tape holding the cable to the back of your keyboard
- Be careful to unglue the cable.
Step 3 To Disassemble Laptop Keyboard:
- Remove the protective film by peeling it off. Once the protective film has been removed, it cannot be put back on.
Step 4 To Disassemble Laptop Keyboard:
The keyboard has two plastic separators on the top. Pins are used to secure them to the back. Separators are held in place by plastic pins that have had their backs melted.
- Push all those plastic pins through keyboard holes.
- Start taking out the separator
Step 5 To Disassemble Laptop Keyboard:
- Now, carefully remove all the keycaps. To ensure that the hinge underneath stays attached to the keyboard, remove the key cap. There may be an additional support bracket for some large keys like Spacebar, and Backspace. Remove it with the support bracket. Here is how to disassemble keyboard keys.
Step 6 To Disassemble Laptop Keyboard:
- On some laptop keyboards, the left and right side of the up arrow key may be covered with blank space. The blank cover may be raised and removed.
👉 Mac Keyboard Shortcuts
👉 How to Use the On-Screen Keyboard on Windows 7, 8,10 and 11
Step 7 To Disassemble Laptop Keyboard:
- Now you may start taking out the key hinges. Each key hinge is composed of an external and an inside element. Try to preserve the internal component of the hinge inside the external portion when you remove it. Do not split them apart.
- Put them back together if they became separated. keep each hinge in its proper place.
Step 8 To Disassemble Laptop Keyboard:
- There are two sheets. Both of them have been separated from the base of your keyboard
Step 9 To Disassemble Laptop Keyboard:
- All of the traces are running between the two layers of the sheet with the traces. These layers can be separated from one another.
Now your has been disassembled. With the help of our above guidance, now you know how to disassemble keyboard on Laptop
2) How To Disassemble Keyboard Of Your Mac?
The MacBook is a laptop computer of Apple lines. Although it is impossible to completely disassemble a wireless Apple aluminum keyboard due to the way it is built—two thin layers of metal are glued beneath the aluminum cover—you can still separate all of the keycaps from the keyboard and take the batteries out of the battery port on top of the keyboard.
Let us get to move on each step.
Step 1 To Disassemble Mac Keyboard: Disassemble the keys
- Take out each key with a thin, non-marring tool under the key cap
- For the new Apple wireless keyboards, a spring mechanism will help the key spring up. When reassembling the keyboard, this spring mechanism must be placed back onto the keyboard before the key cap.
- You can clean individual key caps by dipping them into a bowl of water with dishwashing soap and lightly wiping them with a cotton swab. You can also clean multiple keycaps together by placing them in a plastic bag filled with soapy water and shifting them around.
Step 2 To Disassemble Mac Keyboard: Remove your keyboard batteries
- Press the power button to turn off the wireless keyboard. The key is located at the top right of the keyboard.
- In the battery cover slot, which is on the far left of the keyboard, insert a nickel or quarter. To open the slot, turn it in a clockwise direction.
- To remove the two AA batteries, slant the keyboard to one side. Three AA batteries are required by older wireless keyboard devices.
Step 3 To Disassemble Mac Keyboard: Remove the keycaps
- Each key cap on your MacBook keyboard can be opened by inserting the tip of a little Flathead screwdriver into the bottom left corner.
- Push the screwdriver toward the top of the key and raise up at the same time to remove the hinge mechanism beneath the key.
- With your finger, gently pull the key away from the keyboard.
Step 4 To Disassemble Mac Keyboard: Clean the keycaps
Here’s how to take apart a keyboard to clean it
- Use an isopropyl alcohol-soaked cotton swab to scrub the key’s top, bottom, and edges. On keys that aren’t overly dirty, this works.
- With around 1 cup of water and 1 to 2 drops of liquid dishwashing soap, make a soapy solution.
- To clean severely dirty or grimy key caps, dip a fresh, soft-bristle toothbrush into the solution and scrape the key.
- Before reinstalling the key, give it a thorough rinse with water and let it dry fully.
Conclusion On “How To Disassemble Keyboard Of Laptop And Mac”.
Now you can understand how to disassemble keyboard of your laptop or Mac. Hope you like this article. If you have any questions, You can leave them in the comment section below. We will be happy to respond.